Lifestyle & retirement

I eat Wholemeal. Two slices of toast a day with yogurt / cereal. Surely bread isn’t that bad for you?

The amount of porkers round here is unreal. It’s so unhealthy to be that big.
When I got my recent blood test results back (part of the process that has led to my prostate cancer diagnosis) I vowed to eat healthier.

In truth, we generally eat healthily: plenty of veg, no fried stuff but the one big vice being too many cakes, biscuits and chocolates. I've changed that over the last few weeks and I will be continuing with the new diet.

It's just about being sensible, I have the odd treat on holiday but generally I am trying to keep the carbs and sugar low.

Two slices of bread is about 36g of carbs and I would say is no big deal. I also have greek yoghurt with a few blueberries most days after tea and this is one of my treats.

I was stage one bowel so I can sympathise. Fortunately I don’t have a sweet tooth so I don’t eat anything like that. You begin to enjoy healthy food once you’ve eaten enough of it.

I was stage one bowel so I can sympathise. Fortunately I don’t have a sweet tooth so I don’t eat anything like that. You begin to enjoy healthy food once you’ve eaten enough of it.
Yeah you do. I’ve had to watch what I eat for a couple of months due to higher blood sugar readings this year at my annual check up. Diabetes runs in the family so need to be careful. I’m eating lots of salad, lots of fish and also nuts/greek yoghurt etc. I enjoy it all.

Yeah you do. I’ve had to watch what I eat for a couple of months due to higher blood sugar readings this year at my annual check up. Diabetes runs in the family so need to be careful. I’m eating lots of salad, lots of fish and also nuts/greek yoghurt etc. I enjoy it all.

I’ve said vegetarianism for health reasons but should introduce fish back in to my diet because it’s so good for you. I’ve cheated with chicken occasionally but haven’t touched a piece of red meat since I fell ill.

I’ve said vegetarianism for health reasons but should introduce fish back in to my diet because it’s so good for you. I’ve cheated with chicken occasionally but haven’t touched a piece of red meat since I fell ill.
Wishing you all the best. My hub diagnosed last October, surgery November, hopefully clear now. Diet is very important, avoid nasty processed stuff. Am sure that contributed to his, we used to call him ' Burger Boy' when he was in his youth, lived on the bloody things. Diet improved as aged, but cancer was familial so a high risk.

Anyhow all the best on your journey x

10,000 steps a day absolute minimum. It’s easier than it sounds too.
There are other health benefits to this too, particularly if you find a good walk. I have a path near me with the river, lots of wildlife and wild flowers/plants etc. Clears the head and gets you in touch with nature. Supposed to be good if suffer from depression/anxiety.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.