Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he will see out his contract with Barcelona, then top up his pension in China. It makes sense for Barca to cash in on him now, as he's a couple of months off 30. Does it make sense for City to splash out silly money on a 30 year old that's passed his best and unproven in the Premier League?
Yeah lets go for a young PL proven player like Nathan Redmond, come off it. It's Messi, he'll be better than most players in the PL when he's 40.

There can't still be people who question Messi's ability to play in the Premier League? Pedro is ripping it up ( first season is a write off, whole team gave up ) and Messi was better than Pedro ever has been at the age of 17. Fucking Michu came in and looked good. It's the same old mentality that questioned David Silva. Oh he's small, British football is tough, can't handle it.

There can't still be people who question Messi's ability to play in the Premier League? Pedro is ripping it up ( first season is a write off, whole team gave up ) and Messi was better than Pedro ever has been at the age of 17. Fucking Michu came in and looked good. It's the same old mentality that questioned David Silva. Oh he's small, British football is tough, can't handle it.

It entirely depends on the team around him/the role he plays/the system etc..He's nowhere near as prolific for Argentina as he is for Barca for example

It entirely depends on the team around him/the role he plays/the system etc..He's nowhere near as prolific for Argentina as he is for Barca for example

That's going to be the same for every single player in a poorly set up side. Aguero is horrendous for Argentina. Actually Messi is consistently the best player for Argentina and he actually contributed the most on the road to the World Cup Final. Messi would perform to a higher standard than most in any team in the Premier League, whether they win or not is down to the rest of the team and set up as this is a team sport.

that's nothing to do with rules, rules are same everywhere in spain. it's hard to get Bilbao club player because they used to have an unwritten rule that they sign only Basque players (I think they they broke it this season) so the money wasn't the most important thing for them. There are not a huge pool of top class Basque players so sometimes they can't do a lot with that money and would rather keep player no matter what price is offered for them.
Who did they break it with? I can only see in comings from Bilbao B and a Basque keeper loaned in?

He's scored 17 goals in 16 games against Premier League clubs, his best record against any league in the UCL, including putting four past us in two games this year.

You have to be out of your fucking mind if you genuinely think Messi is over the hill and potentially unable to perform at the highest level against Stoke and Burnley.

I agree that he would perform in the PL, but I am probably in a huge minority when I believe we shouldn't go there. He isn't the long term future for us IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.