Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that he would perform in the PL, but I am probably in a huge minority when I believe we shouldn't go there. He isn't the long term future for us IMO
I am with you. He'll be fantastic anywhere, but I agree we shouldn't go there.

Even if Messi becomes available and I think he will, I really hope we avoid him. I really think his incredible powers are fading, although that still makes him one hell of a player.

We dodged a bullet when Kaka "bottled it", now is the time for us to make our own heroes, Starting with Gabriele Jesus, let him become the new Messi.

Yes but could you imagine them together?!!

I never consider the money, its not mine so how City spend it is no skin off my nose.
I only have to ask myself would I like to see Lionel Messi playing in sky blue at the Etihad for City and unquestionably the answer is Yes!

And even if he is fading (which I doubt) he'd still score more than the rest of our goal-shy midfield put together.
True. But like the previous poster, I have really lost my taste for the Messi of the last 2 years. Since the Tatoos, blonde hair and beard, something has clicked for him. He now cares about more than just the game. He has become more of the petulant, talkative, and broody sort.

Something innocent and pure got lost about 3 years ago. He is so much more like Ronaldo now But without the looks or physique.

The guy that did nothing but play football died like 3 years ago. And I get it. When you are the best player in the world for 10 years or more, no matter how strong willed you are at being humble and a purist. 10 years of the world genufleeting at your feet and begging for your command, will eventually break you down. And you eventually become what every lucky person becomes, entitled.

So I get it, I'm just saying as an "entitled" fan myself, and quite aware of the inherent hypocrisy of my statement, I wouldn't really want that guy. Especially in light of knowing what that guy once was.

The Lionel Messi of btw 10 and 3 years ago was football personified. He was awkward in, around, or about anythingelse other than football. I miss that guy. I wanted that guy in blue on a cold rainy February night in Stoke. The spectacle of such a scene might have left me comatose for years.

But now? Sure I'll take him coz he unrivalled in talent, and our chances of winning it all will increase exponentially. Going from about 3% now to about 22% by simply adding him.

So yeah I'll be happy, but forgive me if I don't get a hard on.

Just maybe coming to City, reconnecting with Pep and our ex Barcelona hierachy, may be a welcome change for him. Just maybe he has become stale at Barcelona, especially as they are no longer dominating like they once were.

I would take him in a heartbeat, not only to raise our profile even more, because his signing would certainly raise our revenue, but it would also really stick it to the rags who totally lucked out with their investment in Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.