Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to bed soon. I’m guessing we’ll be over 1000 pages by the time I clock in tomorrow.

You didn’t like my XTC effort earlier - Making Plans for Lionel

How about Duran Duran - His Name is Leo

His name is Leo and he wears our number ten.
It once was Sergio’s but he gave it to his friend.
He’s 33 now but he still is not half bad.
Oh Leo, Leo dance across the Etihad.

Ok. It’s past my bed time.
Nurse!

Last edited:
I might be in the minority here but if Gabby has to be included in the deal, I am OK with that.
I dont believe Jesus will be the long term main striker and we will have another one lined up for when Kun calls it a day.
I like his attitude and he has done well at times but I just don't think he is at the level of being a number 1 striker for us.
I also think Messi would take us to another level and open the door for any other top player to consider us as an attractive option. Its a once in a lifetime chance to sign the worlds best player and I think we will have another option for playing striker if needed to cover injuries etc.
Just my opinion FWIW.

I know only one thing for sure — whether he comes or goes, this is going in the Classic Threads box.

What a time to be a City fan. When you step back and look at it, you really have to marvel in amazement at everything City have become as a team, a club, a company and an organization, all they’ve (we’ve) accomplished and all the lasting infrastructure that’s been built.

City have changed the sport. Irrevocably. Forever. City. Little bitty City.

Fucking unreal.

How would people feel that if Messi did come, Foden's game time could become very limited. I'm in two minds about this proposed transfer, yep it would be an amazing coup if we pulled it off especially for commercial reasons, but I feel the whole team will be about Messi and a lot of our squad might resent that. 50/50 for me.

I think its Mahrez who has to go. Probably Barca woud not want a 30 year old winger, mor like Jesus and Bernardo, but for us it is Mahrez who is the loser if Messi arrives. Bernardo we use centrally and Jesus can be played as striker ehn Kun is out and Kun is losing skills as he gets older + injured quite a lot.

Maybe this summer we could charge someone like Leiceter for 35-40m for him maybe, or Everton?
Whats the point keeping him 2 more years on the bench playing not much at all than sell him for 10m at age 32?

Yes he was a 60m transfer, only arrived 2 seasons ago, did not flop at all, but he will not be needed and certainly he does not want to play lot less games next season,

And only reason he played more last season because Sane was out full season, it he was not Mahrez would have been benched quite a lot. And Torres will need game time too.

How would people feel that if Messi did come, Foden's game time could become very limited. I'm in two minds about this proposed transfer, yep it would be an amazing coup if we pulled it off especially for commercial reasons, but I feel the whole team will be about Messi and a lot of our squad might resent that. 50/50 for me.
Everyone in their right mind would cherish the chance to play with him

Before his partner threw him out. Now in City Suites in Salford along with the afor mentioned Gundo and Bernardo. Pep is in the two floor Penthouse in the same building. Not sure if Txiki is in there as well as I see him around town a lot

Ahh... :-) doesn't surprise me ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.