Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take yourself off the forum for a few hours if you're becoming this wound up by an opinion.

Simon Jordan has been the owner a football club and has been involved in negotiations of a transfer of a player in and out of a club. We haven't, and neither have any of those at SSN. Just because it's not something you like to hear doesn't mean you can't listen and agree with someone. This isn't how we are at City. We aren't like those rags over the road.

Anyway, enough small talk about all this we will see what happens. The only way I see it happening is if Messi pushes this himself, otherwise it doesn't happen and we move on.

He's a rent a quote dickhead & the biggest bullshitter broadcasting pretty much anywhere & everything he says is designed to impress utter morons.

But indeed, feel free to follow him.

This is the biggest transfer in history.

The greatest player ever, the reigning ballon d'or winner (his 6th), scorer of 444 goals in 485 league games, deciding to leave the club he seemed destined to spend his entire career at. The most famous athlete on the planet.

Why were people thinking it'd be over like the Bernardo deal?

Anyone else feel like I do?

There is absolutely no doubt Messi is an outstanding player, brilliant, fantastic, magic, call it as you will, and more importantly he still has it.

However, for those of a certain vintage who can recollect when we were the moneybags team back in the late '70's..... Trevor Francis, Kevin Reeves, Steve Daley, Steve McKenzie et al, it really did blow up in our faces (I believe). Will signing Messi have the risk of having the same effect? Will it unbalance the team? Can we play Messi, KDB, Foden, Bernardo, Mahrez even Sterling in the same team?

THB, for he if it was Messi or KDB, there would only be one winner.

Any thoughts ?

Blew up on or off the field?

Off the field two words tell you how different we are.....Peter Swales.

Yesterday afternoon there was a conversation amongst some South American journalists and some English ones. In the course of that conversation it was put out there from the South American end that this transfer is much further advanced than people realise, and that there would be A LOT of weird stories coming out as the various parties continued to negotiate behind the scenes. Basically the point was that this is far more political and far more Machiavellian than people even realise. Everyone knows the score and the idea that conversations began when Jorge arrived yesterday is wide of the mark.

Quite surprised at the reactions to last night's "he's staying 90%" story. Mainly because that story in it's details put forward the idea that he'd stay and sign for City for free next summer. That's a very interesting spin to put on the situation. I bet it made a few people at the Barcelona end even more nervous than the idea of him leaving this summer.

Interesting stuff. Fair point RE Messi leaving for free making Barca nervous, that's their nightmare scenario and why they're refusing to accept that he activated the clause in his contract to leave. Sounds like it could be the Messi camp calling Barca's bluff. If they are going to lose him for free one way or another, why not work with Messi to find a solution that works for all sides...

There seems to be an all round reluctance to take this to court, assuming Messi doesn't do a full 360, I still feel City will sign him and Garcia will be part of the deal, as losing him for free next season is no good for us either.

Anyone else feel like I do?

There is absolutely no doubt Messi is an outstanding player, brilliant, fantastic, magic, call it as you will, and more importantly he still has it.

However, for those of a certain vintage who can recollect when we were the moneybags team back in the late '70's..... Trevor Francis, Kevin Reeves, Steve Daley, Steve McKenzie et al, it really did blow up in our faces (I believe). Will signing Messi have the risk of having the same effect? Will it unbalance the team? Can we play Messi, KDB, Foden, Bernardo, Mahrez even Sterling in the same team?

THB, for he if it was Messi or KDB, there would only be one winner.

Any thoughts ?

Honestly, I genuinely don’t think you understand how good Messi still is.

From what i gather (i am probably dead wrong); we are not even close to him. The ballpark is at Barcelona atm and we are not even geting a "come-and-get-me" plea from Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.