Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad that is out of the way. It affects my mind more than United away now. Infact it’s probably accurate I hate liverpool and their fans a lot more than the Trafford lot. This fixture done and dusted early in the season, regardless of the result, is a fucking relief.

Personally I thought Guardiola's approach was utterly fucking spineless. That shoehorning of four central midfielders never fucking works and he gave Liverpool a massive leg up.

Foden was against a 37 year old fullback yet was never instructed to run at him. It's on Pep for me. He showed a depleted team far too much respect. Again.

Notwithstanding all that, the disallowed goal is absolute bollocks. I'd wager any amount of money that if Liverpool score that goal it stands.

But still, Pep has fucked in a similar vain to Porto for me. That XI and setup was totally wrong.
Agree with all of that

Think todays loss was a due to a few factors.

First one being that we tend to rock up to Anfield with a sense of fear and play within ourselves. This is a collective issue from the manager the players right down to the fans. We always seem more worried to not lose rather than desperate to win.

Second issue the set up did seem abit odd with KDB just lingering on the right side and no proper RW outlet. Plus as mentioned prior him and Gundo either side of Haaland trying to press.

Third issue no matter what formation or tactics you play when you have 11 elite players on the pitch you still should be able to create some goal scoring opportunities and be able to do the basics at the back, which I feel we failed to do. Far too many players with sub par displays.

All the above added together is never going to end with 3pts. Think it’s best to brush this under the carpet and move forward. Luckily for us the tittle won’t be won or lost after todays display at Anfield. We have another 28 games left to play.
I don’t think we are scared of anfield as last couple of seasons we have took it to them and got a draw and victory but we did look like rabbits caught in headlights in the first half which gave them confidence because before the game they would have been shitting it but when we came out nervy they went for it . Glad it’s out of the way and it’s no great Shame to lose to a very good Liverpool team who have gone toe to toe with us for 4 seasons . Agree pep give turns too much respect before game though .

Fucking abysmal,but thats the pay off you get with him.He can often be a match winner with his skill but equally a liability with his carelessness/casualness.
Tbh I think he’s always shite in the big games. He cost us in Madrid last year. He’s a bit of a flat track bully, outside of the boot passes against dross etc. I’m livid about that defending yesterday it literally cost us the game and it was beyond pathetic. You wouldn’t see that on a Sunday morning.

but I guess as we had a free kick up the other end we weren't expecting to get caught out that quickly.

Why wouldnt we expect it? They've played that way for years. Quick hoof to a runner and hope for the best.

I know its shit football and not how we play normally but we should have been trying the hoof over them.

Tbh I think he’s always shite in the big games. He cost us in Madrid last year. He’s a bit of a flat track bully, outside of the boot passes against dross etc. I’m livid about that defending yesterday it literally cost us the game and it was beyond pathetic. You wouldn’t see that on a Sunday morning.

Not sure a flat track,he's just a lazy **** and far too casual in his approach.

He needs to stop thinking he is the billy bollocks and concentrate on the basics.

Regardless,we need a proper fullback in this team.Im fucking sick of these players that Pep has decided he can convert/mold.....they are limited and get found out in the big games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.