Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

anyone remembers a pen that is missed against us in PL or saved by our keeper? feels like years ago and probably even that wasnt close/important game...

not all pens are scored in the world, but ones taken against City in PL are almost always are scored. never a fucking hit the post, just slightly wide/above, hit into the keeper etc

I think the last one was the Everton Covid game when, was it 2,000 fans were allowed in? Last game of the season. 5-0 maybe?

I think the one before that was the Thursday night 3-0 at Arsenal game, a few days after the same score in the League Cup Final.

Not 100% though.

Just home after a hideous journey, an hour and a half to just get out of that cesspit and on to the m62. typified by standing in dog shite just before getting in the car.

Shocked at the utter decline of the area. What a shit pit. I honestly cant think of any where in manchester as bad.

Onto the game. The atmosphere was typical liverpool. All the weird culty stuff pre match, makes me cringe, then as we dominated that first 20 mins they were silent. Then they come to life when they got back into the game. They are the oddest crowd in all of football, totally buying into all the myths, fuckin weirdo’s. Its all just very emotional, screaming for all sorts, wildly cheering a throw in. Its all strange

Our performance was 5/10. Yep we got the point and i was relieved for it too but thats a reflection of the performance we put up. The players do seem to freeze at that gaff.
Alvarez was awful. Haaland utterly anonymous , his body language stinks sometimes , and although the service wasnt there for him, he also didnt show. The run he had from the half way line against van dijk i honestly expect more. He couldnt get away from a crock and then his shot was weak. I get slated beyond belief when i question haaland but i honestly think he can do better! Which is crazy to say.

Games like today show that KDB is on that downward curve that all players hit. Hes the best ive ever seen but it saddens me that his legs cant do these top level games like he once could. Hes still regularly capable of that magic but deep down i know time waits for no man.

Bad pass by ake no doubt but what the fuck was ederson thinking? Rash beyond belief. And now ive seen the pen appeal they had , doku was clumsy and ive seen em given

So yeah, when the ref blew, i was happy with that draw
Very good assessment.

I’d have kept KDB on and subbed Foden off tbh, just because he’s more likely to find Haaland at some point and I thought Foden was really struggling too.

Thought it was the kind of game we really miss having Grealish. He’s been a big miss this season.

Dont have an issue with Ake he has been our most consistent defender this season , but why did he save his brain fart for Klanfield , why didnt he do it against Bournemouth at home when we were winning 6-1 , there is no justice in this world :)
It happens but Eddy did him no favors. Go back and watch his starting point. He needs to be a bit wider and closer to Ake. He got caught sleeping too deep and then tried some kind of wild all-out sprint which BTW was unnecessary as by the time he got to Nunes the frontman wasn't in a great position to do anything...JMO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.