Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Feel gutted tonight.

Liverpool was for the taking tonight but we just bent over for them.

They had more energy & desire all over the pitch yet we still had big chances

Lucky to get a point but I still feel it was 2 points dropped against a bit part Liverpool team & probably the weakest we have played.

Love the guy but it’s on pep. Tactics & game plan totally wrong & didn’t react quick enough. Although you could argue we take our chances then we win all the games we have dropped points.
Story of the season.

Top 4 & fa cup would be nice. I just don’t think we have enough for league & champs league this season.
I disagree with some of that. They were there to be got at today, hence Alvarez starting. It didnt work out so Pep changed it with Kovacic and Doku. Kev was leaving Rodri exposed and Kova coming on tightened us up. These things happen, but it's unfair to blame Pep for the way the team went into self destruct. For some reason that place gets into our players' heads, and there's a limit to what the Manager can do about that.
Would you blame Pep for Ake's poor back pass ? After numerous disappointments at Anfield over many years I'm long enough in the tooth to accept it's something we need to live with and I'll take the point. We'll still win the PL, I'm confident of that - today was by no means a big setback.

We play a lot of short passes. We are very good at it. Teams try to press us sometimes, but our superiority allows us to pass through it. Today we couldn’t. They pressed us very well and it lead to us making multiple errors and eventually their goal.

We got away with it up to half time. But should have changed something then. If they’re pressing us in numbers, they must have left spaces somewhere else, further up the pitch, so we need to play longer passes, over the press and find the spare man in those holes. KDB, PF and EH should have put themselves in that space more today.

And after that, they won more second balls, jumped higher, tackled harder, ran faster, everything. It felt like we had less players, either that or a team of players that were happy with last season, or that it had created some arrogance in them.

We aren’t the team we were last year, it’s incredible that we’re still so close.
I recall thinking we weren’t ’that’ team last year, and we won the lot. Still lots of water to go under the bridge

Feel gutted tonight.

Liverpool was for the taking tonight but we just bent over for them.

They had more energy & desire all over the pitch yet we still had big chances

Lucky to get a point but I still feel it was 2 points dropped against a bit part Liverpool team & probably the weakest we have played.

Love the guy but it’s on pep. Tactics & game plan totally wrong & didn’t react quick enough. Although you could argue we take our chances then we win all the games we have dropped points.
Story of the season.

Top 4 & fa cup would be nice. I just don’t think we have enough for league & champs league this season.
There is nobody in the Champions League that has looked better than us. Madrid struggled to beat Leipzig the other day. We are absolutely the favorites to win that competition.

Would have taken a point beforehand, bit disappointed in the performance though. We never really show up there.

Made the mistake of going out to the pub to watch it and where I'm from 90% of people either support the rags or the dippers. One fan that isn't and is a Blackpool season ticket holder asked rather tongue in cheek whether we'd sold out our away allocation. Sort of laughed it off and said 'are you trying to wind me up?'.. about a minute late a Scouser at the end of the bar in his daft LFC hat goes 'he's got a point though hasn't he?' To which I reply 'what point?' 'You can't even sell out at the Etihad can you?' To which I reply something along the lines of 'you don't have a fucking clue what you're on about'. Then he goes on about History FC and Anfield so I say 'well you're not fucking there are you?' Somebody else in the pub then says that I'd probably have wished I'd watched it at home instead to which I replied 'I won't wish I'd watched it at home, they fucking will' and the Scouser goes 'Oh dear'. This is pretty much just after kick off so it was quite an edgy afternoon. Haha.

Detest those ferals.

Last edited:
Still none the wiser!
Its not a fucking pen, simple as...4 hours later it's still not a pen. The result has been posted...................still not a pen. Table is available...............
still not a pen.
Thay's what I'm saying to Mr. Willip. My opinion a "bad 'en"...LMAO

I disagree with some of that. They were there to be got at today, hence Alvarez starting. It didnt work out so Pep changed it with Kovacic and Doku. Kev was leaving Rodri exposed and Kova coming on tightened us up. These things happen, but it's unfair to blame Pep for the way the team went into self destruct. For some reason that place gets into our players' heads, and there's a limit to what the Manager can do about that.
Would you blame Pep for Ake's poor back pass ? After numerous disappointments at Anfield over many years I'm long enough in the tooth to accept it's something we need to live with and I'll take the point. We'll still win the PL, I'm confident of that - today was by no means a big setback.
Love the optimism, what do you take for it?

I actually can’t see the logic in Alvarez starting. His touch is crap and he constantly gives the ball away. He was the weak link today as he has been on numerous occasions. He’s a good striker, but poor anywhere else. He started as Pep is clearly aware that Doku is a liability as he can’t track back. Jack obviously would start but is injured. We will work it out..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.