Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

True.

Wtf you talking about? You said we can’t criticise performances because they had more rest than us, I said that’s patently bollocks unless you’d rather we weren’t in cup semifinals? The players made many many unforced errors, Fern and Gundogan couldn’t pass wind at times today.

As for criticism, when its due its due, as are the plaudits. The only one on here to give his head a wobble is you.
I know the reasons we lost pal you do not
True.

Wtf you talking about? You said we can’t criticise performances because they had more rest than us, I said that’s patently bollocks unless you’d rather we weren’t in cup semifinals? The players mat
As for criticism, when its due its due, as are the plaudits. The only one on here to give his head a wobble is you.
Ha Ha - I know the reasons we lost today and it was a narrow loss in the end btw - pure fatigue lost us that game - when you are tired you make mistakes -I think you might be a bit tired too- take a rest pal

"I've won titles and always have lost games and dropped points. You have to realise what we have done so far and how difficult it will be to do in the future." -

"We have to learn, we have a young team... Liverpool demand a lot. You make a mistake, they punish you. But we can learn for the future."

some good words there from pep.

Sorry but this shit happens at Anfield time after time and year after year our crap record there is trumpeted. The problem is mental. We fell apart when that second goal went in despite having been, IMO, the better team overall to that point. The players have to truly believe they will win there and I don't think - deep down - they do. That does mean they are mentally weak. They have shown more mental strength to this point than any City team I have seen but they need to be even stronger to start getting good results regularly at Anfield, in fact on Merseyside, and at Arsenal; and, most importantly to finish the job and bring home some trophies without unnecessary drama.
Totally agree. We've lost before a ball is kicked. Happens every season.

Putting my tin hat on but if we have that type of performance in our locker then forget the champions league .
Runs for cover !!

I've said all along that the 2 players who truly make us tick are Fernandinho & David Silva. One is 31 & the other 33.

Fuck knows how the hell we're gonna replace those two
Bernardo is already here, so one is done :) let him get up to speed, the other looks like its already on order. We were never going to be able to replace Yaya, but today he wasn't even on our bench.

Frustrating we had another woeful performance at Anfield but every team has one they struggle against. Liverpool pressed but were not amazing, we were just abysmal. Passes going astray in dangerous areas, simple passes going 5 yards wide of their target and slowing the play down or giving the ball away.

Ferny was shite. Absolute shite. It showed that against teams with so much pace weare lacking a dm with some legs to keep up with the play. Ferny was so tired from ball chasing he then lost his usually faultless passing game. Stones was again sluggish and weak. Ederson was unusually sloppy.

Each and everyone of those players are allowed that performance after being so gooda all season. One game, one loss and we fought back and gave them a nervey end so credit to the team for that.

A good lesson to learn in big games moving forward. 2-1 became 4-1 far too quickly. We crumbled when 2-1 or even 3-1 we could have easily got something from the game.

To those who say Stones wasn`t fouled, if it was at the other end of the pitch and a Liverpool defender pushed over Aguero would you be calling for a penalty?

Klopp won that. Perfect tactics to contain Sane, Sterling and Kevin whilst overloading on Fernandinho throughout the game.
Fullbacks should have gone narrow to prevent Fernandinho overload and Kevin, Sane and Sterling should have played deeper as per Cheksea away.
Beg to differ slightly. The complete lack of defensive play when it was most needed by us caused that result.That 1st goal is fucking criminal from 2 or 3 of our players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.