Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

It was a push but he'd already done the damage by slowing down and sleedi

He was in trouble the minute he misread the pace of the ball and seemed to slow down. Still think it was a borderline foul but he put himself in that position.

Him being out of position doesn't make it not a foul.

Those errors are the reason they deserve it.

At times our defending was as bad as anything you will see from any team all season. You don't deserve to win, if you play that poorly.
I think I said that ;-)

We lost, it was bound to happen eventually, it disappoints me more the way we lost, by gifting them goals that frankly their play didn't deserve.

We were a little below our usual standard, they were miles above theirs, and they still only just won, because we gave them 4 goals. Any team giving another 4 goals is likely to find themselves on the end of a loss, but I think we'll grow from it.

I think the argument should be not who deserved to win... clearly if we make so many mistakes that lead to goals and they don't we can't say we deserve to win.

The argument most are having seems to be which was the biggest factor how good Liverpool were or how off form we were today? I personally think Bristol legitimately forced more errors the way some are describing Liverpool today, we made their press easier for them today with our poor play, we've beaten presses better than that from worse teams than Liverpool who took their goals well regardless of how they came. They are still nowhere near as good as us for me.

Just said in another thread, Bristol were better.

Same mistakes there & we will go out.

But why? The atmosphere is a complete myth, we’ve been to old Trafford, Stamford bridge and San Paulo and won. If this is psychological (which I’m not ruling out) why the fuck is it still a problem?
Fuck knows we just are.
Too many just don't deliver at Klanfield.
Sterling and Gundogan were the worst culprits today but only KDB and Bernardo escape criticism.

It wasn't they constantly pressed us into mistakes and misplaced passes, giving away throw ins etc. They don't what we normally do well better today and is why they won
We made their press easier by making the wrong choices, taking extra touches, the riskier option to force it and so on... reasons are various, players missing, tired legs and minds with so many games(tough games too that required a lot of effort, how many fightbacks in the last month?).

Where to start......i'll just call it a bad day at the office.

Far too many players off the boil,Gundogan and Dinho the main culprits.Silva is a huge miss against a quality opponent,our fabled squad depth is exactly that.....

Anyway,maybe a good time for a wake up call? We go again!
I've just got back from the match, agreed with this. Well done city fans, those of us who didn't fuck off after 75 minutes. 15 minutes of madness,did us. Bring on Newcastle

But why? The atmosphere is a complete myth, we’ve been to old Trafford, Stamford bridge and San Paulo and won. If this is psychological (which I’m not ruling out) why the fuck is it still a problem?

Because it keeps being a problem and everybody knows. When we gift them an early goal, equalise, and then concede a soft goal that looks like a foul, the players heads are affected, IMO.

They did actually regain their composure etc and nearly brought the game back, which is something, but to keep losing to an inferior team in the ways we do screams mental block to me. Not helped by the way, by the fact Liverpool play a game we don't like but should be technically good enough to deal with.

Putting my tin hat on but if we have that type of performance in our locker then forget the champions league .
Runs for cover !!
Yeah because Madrid, Barca, PSG Aanr Munich haven’t lost a single game yet domestically.

Great point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.