Liverpool (a) pre-match thread

Liverpool (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a start, we really do need to remove from our heads that this Liverpool team is somehow our Kryptonite.

It most certainly is not.

I've just spent the last hour watching Sky goals between our two clubs down the years.

Even when both teams were shit, they were scoring worldy goals against us at Anfield and we were losing games left right and centre.

There is a psychological barrier which exists for both teams at Anfield.

Liverpool, like Everton before them, until recent results, simply wanted it more on the day and were fuelled by some sense of trying to put us in our place, back to where we supposedly whence came from.

Even the 1-0 a couple years ago on NYE was a damning endictment, failing to take it to a poor Liverpool performance that day.

Norwich fans probably ask the same, what have we done to City to make them play like they do against us for the last 35 years?

We need to grow a pair, these players are on a different level to most around, even Liverpool fans will acknowledge it.

Don't wait to react to situations, set the agenda.

I fear even Pep has allowed himself to overthink what Liverpool present as an opponent, compensating more than he has to.

My opinion is that when you take away their desire, their legs and their crowd, you get a City that pretty much control the game very much like our win at Wembley against them.

Let's be honest, it should never have been allowed to get to penalties that day, and should have been five or six.

We are the Champions, go fucking play like
we own the place. Forget fucking bus attacks and the ref.

Everything else is just white noise and football.

It has even spread to the fans now. We have battered them at Anfield in many a game but conceded ridiculous goals from a player who barely scores a goal again. Or from poor errors.

This is a perfect time to play them. They have had two very high energy games that have seen their first 11 having to cover vast areas for 180minutes. When teams match their energy in midfield they show that all Liverpool really are is a team that runs fast. If we match them in the middle and stifle them we will start to run the game and create chances. Get their crowd muted which doesn't take long, as anyone who has actually been to Anfield will be able to confirm. Come 70minutes, if we are level or ahead we beat them. We need some luck too this time around. If we get the first goal we win comfortably. I am sure Pep is making sure the squad focus on playing their usual high standard football and ignoring the hype. It is far too early in the season for this to be a defining game but we need to put them in their true place and show them why we won the league last season and they won fuck all.

we must go to liverpool and stand up and fight them off the park first, then shut the crowd up and show why we are champions, i don't fear liverpool and we are a better team and club than liverpool so time to show it on the field, the only doubt is always the officials and when they stop us playing and it get's to us and we lose our heads and forget any plans pep as setup in the run up to the game

last week win was very important and going top over liverpool means the gap if we lose is only 3 points and i am happy with that without KDB, we have not really clicked yet this season, and at times we look to be just doing enough to win games without turning on the afterburners and really hurting teams, maybe its man management by pep and keeping something back for the big games and this is the biggest game of the season so far so let the fun begin

My opinion is that when you take away their desire, their legs and their crowd.

Unfortunately, you can’t do that, lol, and that’s why we fold every fucking time.

Every year we say the same, “keep it tight and level if possible in the first half”, and every time we concede a worldy or do a stupid mistake and then collapse under the avalanche.

I had a dream last night that I was watching this match.

Eddie lets a backpass under his foot in the front of the Kop. For some reason, it's disallowed and the scousers go mental. From the free kick, we do a 30 pass move which finishes with a tap-in from Raz. He runs over to a mental Pep who hugs him and the rest of the players pile on with a hail of missiles being thrown from the crowd.

Unfortunately, you can’t do that, lol, and that’s why we fold every fucking time.

Every year we say the same, “keep it tight and level if possible in the first half”, and every time we concede a worldy or do a stupid mistake and then collapse under the avalanche.

Perhaps I’m being arrogant here but I think we are too strong and attack-minded to try to go in level with any team in the league at half-time.

I think we should focus more on our strengths than theirs and demonstrate more confidence in our abilities in such a game. We always tend to ‘freeze’ against Liverpool but I’m not convinced it necessarily pertains to their quality.

Whilst I acknowledge Liverpool are a good team, I still believe we are a vastly superior side. They have maybe five/six players who would get into our best match day squad of 18.

Exactly this. Over the years we've created very little at Anfield regardless of how good or not their team has been. According to Sky our Serg has only had 3 attempts on target in all the time he's been with us at Anfield. A damning statistic (albeit in isolation). We need to take it to them. Give them something to think about....to fear. But I suspect it'll be the usual game - a fast start by the Reds and us defending none to convincingly and probably conceding a couple. We'll make a late fist of it and grab one back but it'll be another defeat. I've written this one off but remain convinced it won't affect our title challenge. Next!

Pressure on Liverpool this time
They are favourites and have won last few at Anfield
It’s expected
We draw or win and it’s a great result that puts doubts in their mind
Only problem is if they win they will start to believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.