Liverpool (Away) - Pre Match Thread

Liverpool v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is the ref on Sunday ? If we play our A game we will win.

Fancy a draw myself, which will not be the end of the world.

Pep has suggested in the past that great players always deliver in big games, so I assume he has the same expectation for great teams. Stating the obvious, this is a big game, let's hope we're in the right frame of mind and turn up, big time. btw I read they've had 9 days off, 4 in (I think) UAE. C'mon City.

Who gives a shit what kind of supporter you like? If you can't counter my points in actual nuanced discussion then you are just trolling.

There's nothing arrogant about pointing out how good we are. It's fact. Wake up and smell the 15 point gap half way into the season.
Football is a funny old game young man..look at the history of this fixture and look at the amount of comments from blues who also feel this is one hell of a tough fixture..Craig Belamy thinks this is the trickiest hurdle of them all and went on to say anyone can beat anyone in this league of which is fact.we ve won once there in 35 years.

Football is a funny old game young man..look at the history of this fixture and look at the amount of comments from blues who also feel this is one hell of a tough fixture..Craig Belamy thinks this is the trickiest hurdle of them all and went on to say anyone can beat anyone in this league of which is fact.we ve won once there in 35 years.
Bellamy said a lot of bitter shit too along the lines of: Liverpool are a great-fantastic-brilliant club and I love them but we have football clubs like man city owned by countries now and you can't compete with that"

I agree in the past we've not done well in this fixture but the flapping is probably part of the reason why, this year we have a team that doesn't flap that doesn't create a massive obstacle in their heads to overcome before the first whistle is blown.

Pep will prepare them, he knows Liverpool are strong at home and the crowd will be on the ref's back... he will leave no stone unturned. They will be well rested and prepared to give them a real game whether we win or not, I want us to win but I'm just looking forward to a great game from our players first and foremost. In short you are entitled to have your own outlook but flapping is not the answer anymore for many of us, it has no positive impact on the players whatsoever building it up in such a negative light.

Bellamy said a lot of bitter shit too along the lines of: Liverpool are a great-fantastic-brilliant club and I love them but we have football clubs like man city owned by countries now and you can't compete with that"

I agree in the past we've not done well in this fixture but the flapping is probably part of the reason why, this year we have a team that doesn't flap that doesn't create a massive obstacle in their heads to overcome before the first whistle is blown.

Pep will prepare them, he knows Liverpool are strong at home and the crowd will be on the ref's back... he will leave no stone unturned. They will be well rested and prepared to give them a real game whether we win or not, I want us to win but I'm just looking forward to a great game from our players first and foremost. In short you are entitled to have your own outlook but flapping is not the answer anymore for many of us, it has no positive impact on the players whatsoever building it up in such a negative light.
Good post. I'm not a flapper..i just suffer from bouts of cityitus from time to time. It's going to be a fantastic match. I can't wait.

Good post. I'm not a flapper..i just suffer from bouts of cityitus from time to time. It's going to be a fantastic match. I can't wait.
Yeah fair play you may not actually be a flapper. I think every city fan knows why some have to fight off that nagging impending collapse/doom feeling in the back of their minds... it's just some don't even seem to try and fight it(matchday thread haha) they literally revel in pecking everyone else's heads with it, which is why the term flapper is banded out so loosely. I also think that's the last piece of the puzzle Pep wants to improve(our expectations and the way we support the team).

Last edited:

Since 2009 we have drawn six of the eleven meetings at Klanfield in league and cup games , although we havent beaten them , they are not battering us everytime we turn up at their midden , like the media are portraying , as other posters have eluded we have had some harsh decisions in some of the last six defeats and most of the defeats have been by the odd goal. As for going back 35 years , you may as well go back over 100 years and brag about our three wins on the bounce in 1907/08 on Merseyside ,its history and its all the Dippers have got to cling to , because every last one of those green eyed , envious Candlelighters wish it was them that Sheik Mansour bought ten years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.