Liverpool (Away) - Pre Match Thread

Liverpool v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant believe the Dippers confidence for this match and all the talk how their attack is better than ours and on their day they can beat anyone. So much nonesense !
They conveniently forget to mention their woeful defense and GK and that our midfield is 3 classes above their shower of shite.

There's a reason we're 18 pts ahead of them in the league and we've scored 14 more goals, not to mention the disparity in goal difference (51-26). The way people talk it's as if our last game against them was 1-1 not 5-0 !

I want them to open up and play attacking football so we can serve them their heads on a platter.

We will smash the c*nts 4-1

Football is a funny old game young man..look at the history of this fixture and look at the amount of comments from blues who also feel this is one hell of a tough fixture..Craig Belamy thinks this is the trickiest hurdle of them all and went on to say anyone can beat anyone in this league of which is fact.we ve won once there in 35 years.

And my point is, using history as an excuse to flap is pointless because City are making history this season. Have won there only once in 35 years? No team has achieved what City have this season in over 120 years of English top flight football.

If you don't have confidence that People Guardiola can go there and get a win then you haven't been paying attention this season. Arrogant or otherwise, the dippers are the underdogs. We've twatted them once this season and we'll do it yet again.

Edit: As for Bellamy, anyone can in theory beat anyone, but in reality no team has beaten City and that's not by fluke.

And my point is, using history as an excuse to flap is pointless because City are making history this season. Have won there only once in 35 years? No team has achieved what City have this season in over 120 years of English top flight football.

If you don't have confidence that People Guardiola can go there and get a win then you haven't been paying attention this season. Arrogant or otherwise, the dippers are the underdogs. We've twatted them once this season and we'll do it yet again.

Edit: As for Bellamy, anyone can in theory beat anyone, but in reality no team has beaten City and that's not by fluke.
It's certainly true that what happened 15 years ago, never mind 35 years ago has no real bearing on what's going to happen on Sunday, except in the minds of fans. The two clubs are in very different places these days, and based on squads, form, etc. (i.e. the things that will actually affect the result), the bookies think we're much more likely to win than they are (OddsChecker gives us a 43% chance of winning and only gives them a 32% chance of winning).

There are, however, good reasons for City fans to be nervous that have nothing to do with 35 years of results - Liverpool have a good, attacking team that on their day can cause anyone problems, especially when buoyed by the home crowd (which will probably get them a little help from the ref as well). We are rightly favorites to win, but according to the bookies, there's a slightly higher chance of us not winning, which is pretty rare these days, hence the nerves. I've predicted a draw, but a big win, or even a big loss wouldn't surprise me that much. Let's hope Raheem's on his game against them for once...

Victimpool do put away the few opportunities they make, we however continue to waste them.
If we were to convert some of those easy chances our goal difference would be even more amazing.
We really do HAVE to be clinical against the dippers, they won’t give us much. Last thing they will want is another pasting.

Let's not forget our record at Old Trafford. We went without a win for decades and now we seem to win every year.

Based on Liverpool’s amazing history apparently they will definitely beat us. Here’s some facts from their history when they last won the league:
  • Rahim Sterling was still four and a half years away from being born
  • Vogue, by Madonna, was number one
  • Jimmy Corkhill and Sinbad were causing trouble on Brookside close
  • Liverpool favourite Margaret Thatcher was still Prime Minister
  • George H.W.Bush was President of the United States
  • There was still a Soviet Union
https://sinceliverpoollastwonatrophy.co.uk/league-title/

Its great being in a position where even if they beat us they are 15 behind.

They go level with utd (before utd play stoke) if they beat us.

Imagine being 2 2 with 5 to go and we all stand back to let them nick a winner to put pressure on the rags just cos we can haha.

Media will be all over the vvd is the answer route. Salah training so expect him to play. I expect if firminho gets a ban it will be announced after this game.

I'll settle for a draw.
However, I don't have a good vibe about this one.
A lot of it will come down to how the ref manages the game.
I would love to shove it right up them and stick it down the
throats of their deluded fans and the media pundits.
If we lose it will be a complete and total media wankfest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.