Liverpool (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

City looked a bit flat today, still had enough chances to kill the game off, you really do need a second goal to finish off this Liverpool team as you know they can come back to punish you, this season shows that with the amount of times they have come back from a goal down to score and usually win.
I like Doku but he’s begining to look a bit of a one trick pony by constantly sprinting forward.. stopping then coming back inside and full backs will soon be on to that, he really needs to up his end product too but he’s still young enough so should improve.
Important thing was not to get beat, John Stones looks a better fit in midfield too for these games.

The one moment I was really annoyed with our players was actually on around 94 min. They were rightfully angry with interception of our conter attack after foul on Akanji. But you must know better at this stage of the game that long protests does not anything good. And nothing to gain bar yellow that would probably be issued anyway. Particularly Bernardo, otherwise one of our best contributors today, took out like at least 2 minutes on discussions then.

I am disappointed with a point but better than nowt. In the last 3-4 years I have thought Liverpool could at least match us and, for a while, had the edge over us in these games.
Today, we were a class apart. I know we didn’t capitalise, mainly due to Doku believing his own hype a bit too much, but I thought they looked scared. We looked like a team with a plan (the high press was awesome at times). Another day we would have put 4 past them.
Bring on Spuds!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.