Liverpool (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Our squad looks light, there was nothing to come on and give us a lift. Feels like an attacking option would be good in Jan. oh and a certain Belgian to be back, he’d have had a field day today
It's about trust. Bobb can easily do a job. So can Kov, Phillips or Nunes.

Right wing played mostly through Foden and back to Walker today. Did not utilize Alvares who then again did not utilize Haaland. Also passes and possession play on autopilot missing out on a few opportunities when Haaland was on a run in behind a couple of times.
Foden too predictible, he goes for a shot himself or play backwards.

City looked a bit flat today, still had enough chances to kill the game off, you really do need a second goal to finish off this Liverpool team as you know they can come back to punish you, this season shows that with the amount of times they have come back from a goal down to score and usually win.
I like Doku but he’s begining to look a bit of a one trick pony by constantly sprinting forward.. stopping then coming back inside and full backs will soon be on to that, he really needs to up his end product too but he’s still young enough so should improve.
Important thing was not to get beat, John Stones looks a better fit in midfield too for these games.
I always find it interesting seeing others opinions. I thought he was excellent,
- Taking players on inside and outside
- Slowing play down then explosive to gain a yard advantage
- Driving inside, creating overlaps outside on several occasions
- Mixed his crosses up, near post on occasion (Haaland should have scored) and sitting some up at the far post
Still think he’s got a long way to go but he must be right up there with the most successful dribbles, even if it doesn’t always create a goal scoring opportunity. Looks technically and tactically very smart too. I do think he could have had at least two shots after he’d created space but this will come with time I’m sure.

Our squad looks light, there was nothing to come on and give us a lift. Feels like an attacking option would be good in Jan. oh and a certain Belgian to be back, he’d have had a field day today
Grealish was ill and Nunes/Kovacic are injured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.