Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Please just keep everything the same for next week.

If we replay that match we will slaughter them.

We have a tough game away to Atletico while they have a training exercise against Benfica at home. But, today's game shows we can win it if we're clinical.

Once again, we really should have won this game. but doesn't help when we insist on playing Sterling, He ad the least number of touches on the pitch. Which tells me that even our own players don't trust him as a striker. Pep really handicapped us IMO by putting him the starting 11.
His substitution should have been made at half time or sooner. He's never get's injured. But that's because he never ever makes any hard tackles. Saw him go to ground twice looking for a foul. On one occasion because TAA touched his hand as he was running past.
He was on his back foot all through the match. Never chases after the ball when Liverpool had it. I think it's fair to say, he's not and never will be my fave City player. I would be happy to see him leave or get sold at the end of the season. IMO.
But the match was there for the taking today even without a recognised striker. I'm well pissed off with this result.
He’s not a preferred player of mine but I reckon this isn’t a fair reflection of his game today. Played well first half. The VAR decision seemed to deflate him.

More content with not losing than disappointed not to win. Players gave it everything but half chances didn’t go our way today. Bernie big mistake for their first goal but was it his pass for the second? Mahrez unlucky at end, think his first touch let him down for once and that didn’t leave him to get a better shot off. We should have won and Thiago should have had 3 yellows. But now it’s “simple”, 95 points will win the league.

Fair enough but if you can’t see them losing any , then no reason to see us losing any either. Except you probably wouldn’t have predicted they would drop points to Brentford and brighton either so who knows.
they are grinding result out and havent been playing well for quite a while - their clinical forward line gets them out of trouble especailly more so recently.....that is the concern for me...we will always batter teams BUT all it takes is team to have a great day defensively against us and our forwards to do what they do (or dont do) and we could see dropped points.

we have:
20th April - Brighton (home) --- 19th April (home) Scousers vs Rags - Scousers will batter them
23rd April - Watford (Home) -- 24th April (home) Scousers vs Blue Scouse - again Liverpool win - blue scouse are shit
30th April - Leeds (away) - - 30th vs Newcastle away - slight hope of dropped points

8th May - Newcastle (Home) --- 7th May - Scousers vs Spurs (home) - Spurs will be Spursy but we live in hope

10th May - Scousers vs Villa (away) - bit of hope but not much

15th May. - West ham (away) ---- Scousers vs Southampton (away) - slight hope and in past seasons a real hope
22nd May. - Villa (home) -------- Wolves (home) - bout their hardest game after the spurs game but its at anfield.

Plus a rearranged game vs Wolves (away) - presumeably between the Newcastle and West ham game

The last two games plus the wolves game (when ever it is) are probably our hardest ones

For the scousers, the games away from anfield at Newcastle and west ham and maybe southampton are possible games where they could drop a point but I dont see it

All very very tight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.