Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Sterling unlucky with that offside.

They used the defender’s leg, not his shoulder for their line and I think his shoulder was closer to the goal.

Sterling’s shoulder was of course used for our line. As per usual when playing that shower, they only showed it for 2 seconds.
Yes, his left shoulder must have been nearer to the goal than his right foot, as he was running towards the goal. It's just cheating by Tierney and his cronies.

Got to be happy with that. Frustrating given the chances - and once again no red cards for a Liverpool player - but we are mentally resilient. It’s so hard to approach a game like that, the external noise, more pressure on us than Liverpool.

in our hands.

On the way home from the game. Thought we could have killed it off in the first half. We were all over them. Sterling, deary me, not sure what else to say really. If only he could be more prolific 1 on 1. It's still in our own hands now. Come on City!!!

110% predictable. Battered them, we had 10 chances and scored 2; they had 2 chances and scored 2.

Also predictable was Sterling having 3 clear cut chances and missing all of them. If he had the strikers abilty of Mane or Jota, we win 5-2.
I don't understand why he freezes when through on goal. He's clearly a good guy, very hard working, physically very athletic, runs his heart out but cannot finish a relatively easy chance. I don't like putting City players down but this is their job and they are paid very well to do it well. So why is he and the others not practicing how to score goals with both feet all week long so come matchday it is second nature. I just don't understand it. Where is the pride? Isn't City's motto in latin "Superbia en proelia" which translates as pride in battle. Anyway if it doesn't change they will go and someone who can finish will come in so its up to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.