Liverpool (H) - Sat 1st April, 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether Haaland does or doesn't play tomorrow, the fact they were going to assess him after training implies his injury isn't too bad. So even if he misses tomorrow, it doesn't sound like he will be out for a number of games.

Guessing no Haaland so I look forward to all the statistics after the game from the usual mob, ‘City passed it three more times without Haaland in the side ans had two more throw ins proving as we said that they are a much better side without him’

maybe we go back to a false 9 which I’m happy with if needs be, but either way every game is a final now and fingers crossed we can do the business.
If Spider Man is fit and firing he will be a handful for the rats defence.

His speed ,mobility, high press and finishing is top class.

Starting or from the bench they won't fancy him pulling them around.

It's a one off, a cup final against arguably our most detested rivals.

We only have to win with no injuries or red cards....nothing else really matters.

Rhythm & performance will come in training and upcoming games.

Just a win will do !!

Since Pep arrived team has caused us as much problems as Liverpool. The current incarnation are below their usual standard but the kick and rush and balls down the channels for Nunez and Salah caused us real problems earlier in the season. If Nunez had any form in cup match we could have been in trouble. Our back 4 that day of Lewis, Akanji, Laporte and Ake struggled until Stones replaced Akanji.

Well need to be better tomorrow, the run in starts now. The next 2 matches feel huge though, win both and Arsenal kick off at Anfield at best 5 points clear. We need to start the run in well. We were flying before the international break hopefully the break hasn’t disrupted our rhythm.

Our decent league record against them has been poor so we need a good start. Their away form (especially at 12.30 on Saturdays) has been poor so an early goal would really hurt them.

I think this is the sort of match for Bernardo and KDB and 2 of Grealish, Gundogan and Mahrez. Hopefully Haaland plays but Alvarez is pretty good replacement.

As ever it’s on us, if we turn and play as we can we should win but it might be a nervy tight one.

I dont think Walker plays.

I expect we'll see the 4 CB again with Stones pushing in alongside Rodri. Akanji will be the one mopping up that side
No, Walker plays and Stones plays RCB with Dias & Ake on the left. Stones steps into RCM with Rodri from the RCB position, rather than pulling a FB out of position.

It’s why Lewis hasn’t had a look-in recently. Pep has tweaked the inverted FB position into a “step forward” position for Stones, who is uniquely qualified for that role amongst our CBs.

With Bernie, that gives us a 3-3-1-3/3-3-3-1. Indeed, we have even seen it morph into a 4-4-2, with KDB getting to hang out upfront with Haaland, and our “wingers” (Mahrez & Grealish) slotting in across the 4.

In the 3-3-3-1, they simply slot into “forward midfield” positions with KDB, as a first line of defence for the opposition to break through, in addition to giving the option of playing the 3-3 in behind them, and helping solidify the middle of the field.

Expect Liverpool to go over the top and down the lines, because they know they can’t compete in the middle of the park, and also that Mahrez & Grealish do not want to defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.