Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shankly arrived to see a Littlewoods pools director waving wads of cash around, and they call us for 'Buying the League.'
Fucking bang out of order to use facts and truths to counter argue Liverpool's protests that we are only where we are because of our owners.

I have to point out the difference in the positions both clubs were in before both ADUG and Littlewoods arrived.

City finished in the humiliating position of 9th in the Premier league the year before. Liverpool had stormed into mid table in division two and only needed a tiny bit of investment.

Kind of makes you look ridiculous now doesn't it? Go and sit in the corner. 10 Fields of Anfield Road and 5 You'll Never Walk Alones for your penance. Stupid boy.

Fucking bang out of order to use facts and truths to counter argue Liverpool's protests that we are only where we are because of our owners.

I have to point out the difference in the positions both clubs were in before both ADUG and Littlewoods arrived.

City finished in the humiliating position of 9th in the Premier league the year before. Liverpool had stormed into mid table in division two and only needed a tiny bit of investment.

Kind of makes you look ridiculous now doesn't it? Go and sit in the corner. 10 Fields of Anfield Road and 5 You'll Never Walk Alones for your penance. Stupid boy.
Don't forget the revisionism of the Rags, my dad, more a Rugby League fan, followed City with his Manchester mate in the 30's and 40's after the war.
I'll never forget him saying What's all this bloody hoo hah about Manchester United, nobody gave a shit about them before.'

Don't forget the revisionism of the Rags, my dad, more a Rugby League fan, followed City with his Manchester mate in the 30's and 40's after the war.
I'll never forget him saying What's all this bloody hoo hah about Manchester United, nobody gave a shit about them before.'

More nonsense. I have it on good authority that the Shanghai Supporters Club was formed in the 20's and they had a 35,000 waiting list for season tickets by the time the Second World War broke out.

You need a lie down.

More nonsense. I have it on good authority that the Shanghai Supporters Club was formed in the 20's and they had a 35,000 waiting list for season tickets by the time the Second World War broke out.

You need a lie down.
What nobody must do when discussing football with Dippers or Rags is point out any of the above.
In their eyes history is all important, as long as you don't talk about the past.

They forget their own formation when their owner kicked Everton out of Anfield, got his cheque book out, bought a load of mainly Scottish players and formed a new team. You couldn't get more plastic than that.
"La la la la la la...once we saw King Kenny play...fucking filthy arab money bags manc bastards..."

Klopp came in and made the team worse, as evidenced by recent results.
He knew Mignolet wasn't very good, so bought in Karius who turned out to be even worse- but to save his own blushes he adopted a bizarre and seemingly random rotation policy that sees three goalkeepers with no real idea who's playing when.
He's somehow managed to make the defense even worse with the additions of the abysmal Ragnar Klavan, the error-prone Joel Matip and Andy Robertson- who was one of the worst players in the relegated Hull team last season and is certainly worse than their other two options. Joe Gomez and Jon Flanagan aren't up to it, and after Nathaniel Clyne got injured Klopp turned to a teenage winger to fill in at RB. Has he improved any of them as players? Of course not. He's arguably made half of them worse.
Onto the midfield and Jordan Henderson has to be the only captain in football whose own fans all agree isn't good enough to play for their club. Next to him is the inconsistent Wijnaldum, Adam Lallana and Emré Can, all of whom famously look good when cruising but turn to dust when faced with any pressure. Their star man doesn't want to be there and their record signing isn't even fucking turning up for another year. Liverpool's latest big-money signing, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, has only been there three weeks and already Liverpool fans are realising what Arsenal fans have been saying for years- that he simply isn't good enough for their level of club.
The only saving grace is the attack. I like Firmino, Mané, Salah. Sturridge is decent when fit (so never) and Solanke is promising. But even they go missing and give up when faced with a decent defence. Liverpool's record against teams in the bottom half of the league is nothing short of embarrassing and that is because Klopp has no idea how to organise a defence, no idea how to make the right signings and no idea how to break down a bus.
Thank fuck we've got Pep.

Excellent summary.

City won a FA Cup 61 years before them, a League Cup before them, and a European trophy before them, but we have no history? Liverpool was an average club from 1892 to the 60s, then Shankly arrived. 28 years without a league title this season, let's hope it continues for a long time.

I told a Liverpool fan at work this, when he claimed we had no history.

He didn’t believe me, but the next day, he came up to me and said, "You’re right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.