Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp gets easy ride. His 3rd season in charge and FA Cup is their best chance of success this season.

How very dare you, they are going to win the Champs League with the best attack in Europe, they will recreate those magical european nights, under floodlights and ergh some other cliche.

Nope. Sorry. I'm not falling for this Klopp narrative.

At the end of the day we're all sat here making fun of the guy.

Why? Because he's this weird foreign guy who behaves like an oddball maniac, and he looks a bit weird too. Who happens to be insanely passionate about football and insanely passionate about playing it a certain way which is good on the eye too, even though they don't fit in with the English stereotypical way of playing. Because he reacts strangely and poorly in interviews after bad results. Because he's sick to death of annoying interviewers and journalists constantly questioning him in the rudest fashion, least supportive fashion. Because he gets pissed off that people round these parts commonly accept playing shitty anti-football as a triumphant style.

Yet, he's not ever been a piece of shit. He doesn't go around consistently blaming referees (he does occasionally but no more than any other manager, and only when it's a big one) and he is always quick to give other teams credit and let blame lie on his head when necessary (The derby recently was definitely an exception). He's not nasty. He's not Wenger who goes round calling players cheats. Or Mourinho. Or Ferguson. He's just an over-the-top guy.

In fact, I could have said the EXACT same things about Pep Guardiola last season. That was a man who was being mocked, derided, and harshly questioned exactly as Klopp is now.

I didn't like it last season when they did to Pep. I'm not suddenly going to like it now a rival manager is on the receiving end.

Nope. Sorry. I'm not falling for this Klopp narrative.

At the end of the day we're all sat here making fun of the guy.

Why? Because he's this weird foreign guy who behaves like an oddball maniac, and he looks a bit weird too. Who happens to be insanely passionate about football and insanely passionate about playing it a certain way which is good on the eye too, even though they don't fit in with the English stereotypical way of playing. Because he reacts strangely and poorly in interviews after bad results. Because he's sick to death of annoying interviewers and journalists constantly questioning him in the rudest fashion, least supportive fashion. Because he gets pissed off that people round these parts commonly accept playing shitty anti-football as a triumphant style.

Yet, he's not ever been a piece of shit. He doesn't go around consistently blaming referees (he does occasionally but no more than any other manager, and only when it's a big one) and he is always quick to give other teams credit and let blame lie on his head when necessary (The derby recently was definitely an exception). He's not nasty. He's not Wenger who goes round calling players cheats. Or Mourinho. Or Ferguson. He's just an over-the-top guy.

In fact, I could have said the EXACT same things about Pep Guardiola last season. That was a man who was being mocked, derided, and harshly questioned exactly as Klopp is now.

I didn't like it last season when they did to Pep. I'm not suddenly going to like it now a rival manager is on the receiving end.
He brings it on himself.
Have you not watched him ranting and snarling at the fourth official.
He's a sarcastic twat, who thinks the world revolves around him.

He brings it on himself.
Have you not watched him ranting and snarling at the fourth official.
He's a sarcastic twat, who thinks the world revolves around him.
Sounds exactly like what people were trying to tell me about Pep last season. Just substitute sarcastic with snobbish

Sounds exactly like what people were trying to tell me about Pep last season. Just substitute sarcastic with snobbish
He wasn't sarcastic or snobbish.
He answered questions and got pissed off, when answering same question more than once.
I don't recall him spitting his dummy out at any time, by all means, correct me if I'm wrong.

He wasn't sarcastic or snobbish.
He answered questions and got pissed off, when answering same question more than once.
I don't recall him spitting his dummy out at any time, by all means, correct me if I'm wrong.
Pep wouldn't get angry. He'd become incredibly awkward. Remember his interview after Burnley in January when he was asked about the red card? The conversation went eerily similarly to Klopp's with the interviewer after the derby when he was asked about the penalty. Plus the whole happy, happy new year stuff. Literally everyone I knew who wasn't a City fan was taking the piss out of him for things like that.
A lot of the media found him to be incredibly condescending last year and 'above' English football too.

Now in reality, Pep brought it all on himself just like Klopp did. But I don't believe in either case this level of character criticism is warranted.

Pep wouldn't get angry. He'd become incredibly awkward. Remember his interview after Burnley in January when he was asked about the red card? The conversation went eerily similarly to Klopp's with the interviewer after the derby when he was asked about the penalty. Plus the whole happy, happy new year stuff. Literally everyone I knew who wasn't a City fan was taking the piss out of him for things like that.
A lot of the media found him to be incredibly condescending last year and 'above' English football too.

Now in reality, Pep brought it all on himself just like Klopp did. But I don't believe in either case this level of character criticism is warranted.
i only remember him having the piss taken, when we lost at Leicester, the whole, second ball and tackles rubbish, no wonder he was awkward.
Klopp is saying we are stupid if you disagree with him.

i only remember him having the piss taken, when we lost at Leicester, the whole, second ball and tackles rubbish, no wonder he was awkward.
Klopp is saying we are stupid if you disagree with him.
Ok, I'll be honest. It seems that you don't like Klopp, or at the very least you're ok with the media treatment of him. Personally I don't mind the guy, and I think he's being harshly treated. But I'm worried we're going nowhere with this conversation and so I suggest we agree to disagree.

Enjoyed your perspective though, it's given me a chance to reflect on things :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.