Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt they will be back in the mix next season having had a seasons rest :) it’s not about money it’s not about signing players it’s about one man who has run them into the ground yet again and that’s Klopp ............ they win the league and what happened the season after ????? A huge drop off ......... they won two trophies last season may have had four and look what’s happening again ?????? Another huge drop off ..................sadly the media won’t challenge on that because they won’t say anything bad against the Victims

No doubt they will be back in the mix next season having had a seasons rest :) it’s not about money it’s not about signing players it’s about one man who has run them into the ground yet again and that’s Klopp ............ they win the league and what happened the season after ????? A huge drop off ......... they won two trophies last season may have had four and look what’s happening again ?????? Another huge drop off ..................sadly the media won’t challenge on that because they won’t say anything bad against the Victims
Feels different to the last time they had a year off the ventolin and redbull, plus it's an older squad. It's been said before in this thread, but there are a lot of parallels with klopps end of days at Dortmund - after 7 years of running like dogs chasing a stick on the beach they were fucked.

You sing it, I'll play it
I disapprove of the way your lads played at our gaff on Saturday (and, even more, of that dipstick referee who let them get away with it) but Everton has always been my 'other team' ever since Alex 'The Golden Vision' Young, so tell them to shape up for the rest of the season as they could still overtake The Anfield Road Formation Brick Throwers.. what a hoot that would be!

I disapprove of the way your lads played at our gaff on Saturday (and, even more, of that dipstick referee who let them get away with it) but Everton has always been my 'other team' ever since Alex 'The Golden Vision' Young, so tell them to shape up for the rest of the season as they could still overtake The Anfield Road Formation Brick Throwers.. what a hoot that would be!
would be nice to get past them, but I will settle for staying up for now.

Nunez is in a bad period and that's great, but his ability to get on the end of so many chances per game is annoying and will pay off at times, more in some seasons than other seasons. There will be periods where he will look like a world beater and will get oppo fans worried. But then again he will have bad periods...He will never be a consistently good finisher, but will have 30+ seasons for sure, like last season with Benfica. Won't be close to Haaland, but will be more prolific than Firmino and maybe even Mane. His deficiences as a player will mean that the overall effect from having him won't be positive for Liverpool. Prepare, though, for those patches of form where he will look world class. It's inevitable.

and they get fee's paid for this? Then again Glenn Murray had a stellar career with top clubs didn't he.................
I was about to ask if he was in London's Burning.....but that was Glen Murphy;-)

Jamie Carragher is correct, though they are not a technical team either.

This is a team that was built with one style of play, based on pace, directness and finishing ability. The demands on players are immense, especially when competing for multiple trophies, and when it results in ultimate failure, as it did last season, it must be difficult to come back from, especially with an aging team. Liverpool's fans will, largely, dismiss my mention of last season's failure, and by most measures they would be correct to do so, but failing to win the two main trophies, in the last week of the season, is mentally damaging and, at the elite level that we aspire to, would be felt by the players to be a failure.

Now, with the loss of Mané, and a number of players in the team who are simply not as good as required at the highest levels, they are beginning to reach the end of their cycle. It is also why they have become so embittered by our team and so venomous in their behaviour. They know that they need a rebuild and they know that we have continued to invest in the right way. You can say whatever you wish about where the money comes from, and be left with ridiculous slurs of reported fees being riddled with brown envelopes, but in your heart you will know that City is simply a better run club with better players and a better academy, with a group designed to extend City's reach, fanbase, and scouting network well into the future. It is not history that is important, it is the future, and when your identity is based on the past, and how great you once were, you can fail to see the emergence of those around you.

Last edited:
Nunez is in a bad period and that's great, but his ability to get on the end of so many chances per game is annoying and will pay off at times, more in some seasons than other seasons. There will be periods where he will look like a world beater and will get oppo fans worried. But then again he will have bad periods...He will never be a consistently good finisher, but will have 30+ seasons for sure, like last season with Benfica. Won't be close to Haaland, but will be more prolific than Firmino and maybe even Mane. His deficiences as a player will mean that the overall effect from having him won't be positive for Liverpool. Prepare, though, for those patches of form where he will look world class. It's inevitable.
Is that 30 + games or 30 + goals? I'll concede the former, but - on present evidence - not the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.