Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

I really admired 70s, 80s Liverpool despite it being a dangerous away trip. They were the epitome of professionalism and were relatively modest as a club quietly getting on with winning matches and League and European titles. I actually wanted them, Forest and Villa to win those European Cups. Then in 1985 after 39 people died at Heysel when their chairman blamed Chelsea when it was Liverpool fans who got English clubs banned something changed outwardly at least. They became an outwardly nasty entitled club and fans epitomised by what a nasty little shit Steve McMahon was on the pitch. Even so, they were still preferable to Uniturd obviously and there was still Barnes and Beardsley to admire for a while until the latter became a diving little shit in their 3-0 win at Maine Rd.. it was still my enemy's enemy with Liverpool supporters who could be very patronising because we weren't a real threat.

The big change came when City became serious challengers that was in Liverpool's way. Brendan Rodgers with his "we'll unleash our fans" on City ahead of that 13/14 game at Anfield incited their fans who didn't need any encouragement to attack City fans including women children and the disabled. Their fans cheered when Yaya pulled up injured on in a game for which City supporters took an ad out in the Liverpool programme and held up a banner in the support for justice for Hillsborough victims and their families. It was clear that Liverpool fans had become extremely nasty, entitled and violent towards City. No club or fans are perfect but their continued vile behaviour on and off the pitch with bus attacks etc, machiavellian boardroom plots with campaigns to damage City, plus hacking City computers make them to be the worst of the very worst with Uniturd and Arsenal not far behind.

I wish them nothing but misery, the whole lot of those three plus Tottenham, and their a lesser degree, the rest of the nasty nine.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.