Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Three Scousers I work with didn’t get prissy, they wore the fact that they jibbed in at Paris as a badge of honour. All three went in separate groups totalling 30 that all got in and were quite happy to brag about it. Said there was aggro from genuine ticket holders who found them in their seats so ended up on the steps which was evident during the match as you couldn’t see the steps in the Liverpool section but yep it was all down to UEFA and the Police.
Ha as if scousers work
To be fair he is a prison officer

Liverpool fans worked tirelessly to overturn the injustices and lies around Hillsborough.

Sadly, they now use it as a weapon, which is sick. They also completely deny any responsibility for the chaos in Paris, and get all prissy outraged dowager if anyone questions their version. Yet we all saw the bent tickets on the internet. Were those bent tickets just kept as souvenirs?

The kindest thing I can say about them is they are deluded and in denial of reality. So far up 'de Nile' that they are well into Sudan.
The bent tickets
AND
the vids of them climbing over fences
the vids proudly proclaiming they jibbed in - with fellow fan comments saying ‘take this down!’
the selfie vid of a guy who got in dressed as an official.
the packed, overcrowded overflowing into stairways, 2 to a seat, pictures of the Liverpool end, compared to the perfectly regular seated Real Madrid end.
the real victims of the bent tickets, facing trouble getting into the match, as the officials said their original tickets were already used.
Klopp saying get there without tickets.

the list goes on and on.

how uefa copped it for that, I don’t know. The only thing they did wrong was supply paper tickets to Liverpool fans. The whitewash farce blaming themselves for the Liverpool fans self-induced fiasco, was … extraordinary, with the media lapping it up and endless pieces about it.
cf City at Istanbul, no issues with the fans, but plenty of issues with uefa organisational logistics… hardly a mention in comparison… and iirc we didn’t get an apology for uefa behaviour, but somehow Liverpool got one for their fans behaviour…

Too hungover to articulate but I agree with everything thats been said these last few pages, and well done bluemoon for not removing the comments (thought you would).

Just finished reading Brian Clough’s 1994 autobiography in which a chapter covers Hillsborough. His account on the events that unfolded on the day leave it fairly obvious who he believes to be the root cause of the tragedy. If his account were to be transcribed verbatim in todays press, they’d be some claiming it to be hate speech material.

The evidence is that they have been directly involved in two of the biggest disasters plain and simple....the culture of their fanbase has to be held accountable......

look what happened at the champions league final in Paris in 2022 as well - loads of fans turning up without tickets....Police got agro about it and criticised ---(but what would have happened if they hadnt got agro about it and "opened the gates?") UEFA organisation rightly blamed again but is it just another coincidence that it is their fans again?

I don't disagree with you about the behaviour of Liverpool fans. I was correcting your incorrect statement that "the two biggest tragedies around football to do with fans deaths has involved Liverpool fans".

The opinion I wanted to record though, was that there is plenty of evidence pointing to the disgraceful behaviour of Liverpool FC and their fans without having to bring Hillsborough into the debate.

As an aside, I was driving from Sheffield to Manchester at the time the disaster was unfolding, and I saw the chaos that ensued. The victims were the fans who purchased tickets, arrived early, and managed to get positions at the front of the stand to watch their team. My thoughts have always been with those innocent people and their families and loved ones. The subsequent behaviour of Liverpool fans in the light of this is a stain on their club and the memories of the deceased fans. They are a law unto themselves, and a blight on their city and the country.

2005, Istanbul. Fake tickets, stealing tickets, jibbing in. Trouble outside.
2007. Athens. Fake tickets. Jibbing in. Trouble outside.
2008. London quarter finals. Fake tickets. Jibbing in.
2022. Paris. Fake tickets. Jibbing in. Trouble outside.
Major events have since been held at Istanbul, London and Paris with no issues.
One common denominator....

Last edited:
2005, Istanbul. Fake tickets, stealing tickets, jibbing in. Trouble outside.
2007. Athens. Fake tickets. Jibbing in. Trouble outside.
2008. London quarter finals. Fake tickets. Jibbing in.
2022. Paris. Fake tickets. Jibbing in. Trouble outside.
Major events have since been held at Istanbul, London and Paris with no issues.
One common denominator....

More jibbing in at the Europa league final.

Just seen this all over twitter....

They really are pushing their victim culture again....

What they seem to fail to realise is why everyone calls them victims.....it has NOTHING to do with Hilsborough tragedy. And no one is sticking up for that rag of a newspaper either as I personally cannot stand it either (like the vast majority of the printed media in this country).

The whole culture of the club is based around being victims...everyone is against us etc etc.....and this in part comes from the wider culture of the city as well.

Ive resisted saying this previously about the Hilsborough tragedy but I am going to say it now. While the police were clearly at fault and the Sun newspaper reporting of it was abhorent, the bit that no one seems to want to talk about is the responsibility of their fans that day....Yes the gates were opened when they shoulnt have been , yes the policing and control was inadequate to say the least and these were the two biggest contributing factors.... BUT if they hadnt all rushed in as they did and behaved the way they did (and you know some of them didnt have tickets and were just trying their luck as this happens at every game with every club and every set of fans) then it doesnt happen.....part of their anger around this subject is based in THEIR OWN GUILT and shame about this....they cant and wont admit this....they are unable and so it will fester. There is a section of their fans were not completely blameless that day...not the 96 who sadly lost their lives (RIP) but others that were outside the gates, trying to get in when possibly some of them shouldn't have been. There is no way anyone is telling me that EVERY single one of those fans that rushed in that day when the gates were opened ALL had tickets...no fucking way! - this guilt is where some of this reaction to any mention of it (and this wasnt even a mention of it...just some kid holding up a copy of the Sun newspaper) comes from....

It is no coincidence that the two biggest tragedies around football (baring the Bradford Fire which was an accident) to do with fans deaths has involved Liverpool fans and their silence around Heysl is deafening
I've posted this on here before, but it's worth posting again
It was sent to me by a home and away sensible grown up Liverpool supporter following their title win and the fireworks fired at the Liver Building
The parade he refers to was following their CL win

I am sure those Liverpool fans aren’t the only bellends that follow clubs. But I have seen this sort of thing with LFC fans before. In Barcelona and Basel and at the parade last year. They think they can do whatever they want and won’t get punished and the Club need to call it out because it is getting out of hand and giving us a bad name and rightly so. I was in the seats above the pens at Hillsborough and saw what happened. I also had to get through the pissed up thousands outside with no tickets trying to force their way in. My take on Hillsborough is a bit different from the majority of Liverpool fans and not that popular. There was blame on all sides but the avoidance of accountability and the length of time to get to the truth is the shameful part and you have to respect the families and Dalglish for fighting to get justice. It was tragic and a tragedy. The new generation of fans need to respect the memory of the 96 and act accordingly rather than using it as an excuse to justify their perceived victim status which they wear as a badge. Rant over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.