Liverpool v Everton Maine Road?

Hotrocks

How many times have Liverpool played Everton at Maine Road in semis, final replays etc.
I have been having a debate with Liverpool fans at work about how they were a right nasty lot in the late seventies/early eighties. And not the seemingly beknighted set of football fans that they now portray themselves as.

I remember a game between them at Maine Road, in the early eighties possibly, when they were storming the gates at the back of the Kippax trying to get in.

Anyone else got any reccollection of this, as I remember that there was hundreds of blues at the ground that day?

I remember going to the FA Cup SF replay at Maine Rd in 1977, Liverpool won easily 3-0. It was scally central outside before the match, loads of ticketless scousers and some minor flare-ups, mostly with the coppers as I recall.

There was also a League Cup Final replay in 1984 also won by Liverpool.

Most clubs had some nasty fans in the 70s, Liverpool were certainly no exception and nor were City for that matter.

Was the league cup final replay on a saturday? seem to remember it being light on the day in question.

My point to them was that nearly all football clubs had badly behaved fans in the eighties, and that fans at that time have to accept some culpability for what happened at Hillsborough.

And yes I totally accept the cover ups and the bad behaviour of police and authorities.

It was 1977 and bryan hamilton had a goal disallowed by clive thomas !!
Liverpool were always bunking into grounds and if you read nicky alt's book he boasts about it. I would say both merseyside and manchester teams had more than their fair share of thugs.

I used to live in Woodhouse Park at the end of the 101 route where it turned off at the naval club.

Just at he bottom of our street was the motorway embankment and I saw coachloads of Dippers at it before the coppers cleared them off.

The coaches actually stopped on the motorway so they could attack each other...scumbags.

I went to one....our mob got chased by a load of scousers swinging those thick buckle Levi belts down Yew Tree Road!.....Both City and the red shite were out for these games. Often together!

The mid 80's match was the one when they double-teamed (the norm) n' went stormin through Moss Side precinct slappin rastas for bags of tree's women n' children then lootin all the chemist for pills n' powders the daft twats...

...fair to say quite afew of em came unstuck later on as it wasn't quite the walk in the park they expected (Alex Park that is haha)

Anyone remember a nite of fun n' games when United n' Oldham came to play their semi ?

I remember when reading Mickey Francis' book and when the FA Cup semi in the 70's was at Maine Road and Mickey and his brother Donald were mooching around when a Scouser asked them if they had any spears. Donald kicked the fuck out of the Scouser and put him in a skip.

It was later when they sussed out the lad was only asking if they had any spares.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.