Liz Truss Resigns as PM

The BOE are launching bond buying to stabilise the economy , dont know how that helps but that is what they are doing
It stops bonds being in the future being issued by government from rising to high. In short its shoring up the market and trying to stabilise the market for now after toxic min budget we have just had.

Although its not really doing much based on this from Guardian

The Bank of England says it will intervene in bond markets to try and stabilise them, after the recent selloff. It will start buying long-dated gilts from today to “restore orderly market conditions” and stave off a “material risk to UK financial stability”

I suspect that further measures will coming in possibly ratcheting up interest rates to calm things down more. In a nutshell we are f*cked

They have shown there true colour’s Truss is only doing what the party want, everything is threatened, pension funds mortgage rates that’ll affect the middle class and everyone else who has a mortgage they can’t be saved with the big tax cut.
Crashed the economy so they can all have tax breaks on the quiet promise to there backers
I am beginning to wonder if they are now working for the likes of Putin, it’s so batshit crazy.

I wonder at what point the protests and riots start. I am guessing the new year once new energy bills start coming in and the interest rate on mortgages starts to seriously hit more people.

We used to riot and protest over smaller stuff like poll tax, feels like the population are much more quelled or controlled nowadays. Soft communism lol
The days of Poll Tax rioting were in a different world.

Riots are predominantly led by the youth of the country, maybe a militant student generation. A youth that had little or no hope for the future, didn't have a job, lived off a Giro, had little to lose, etc. Demonstrations were allowed, there wasn't facial recognition CCTV in our streets.

Now, the youth are more worried about losing their job (even if it is zero hours) because they won't be able to pay for the next iPhone, they're trying to save for a mortgage deposit or a rental deposit, they've got their next payment due on the car PCP, they're wondering where to have next year's cheap flight holiday, can they get tickets for next years festival, seeing their student loan account at tens of thousands of pounds owing, etc.

Only when there is widespread realism that the current crisis is jeopardising all of that will the youth stand up and rebel. It will happen, don't know when.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.