Liz Truss Resigns as PM

The government has decided not to launch a public information campaign on reducing energy use this winter after the prime minister's office raised objections, the BBC has been told.
A source said there was a "reasonably well-developed plan" to encourage household energy saving.
But Climate Minister Graham Stuart denied a Times report that a campaign had been blocked by Downing Street.

More useless posturing by Truss. Every bit of energy saved saves the taxpayer some cash, either directly and or indirectly. Why not say to people if you do x, y and z you will reduce your usage AND help ensure the lights don’t go out in winter? I cannot, for the life of me, work out what the reasoning for that one is whatsoever and who would be offended if the government did such a thing. Interesting times…………
It’s all part of the libertarian agenda. Can’t be seen telling people what to do. Where would it all end? Less profits for the multinational energy companies. Can’t have that.

It’s all part of the libertarian agenda. Can’t be seen telling people what to do. Where would it all end? Less profits for the multinational energy companies. Can’t have that.
But smaller bailout for the government, surely a good thing? It’s like @Bodicoteblue says above, they cannot see the difference between public information/advice and some centralised diktat, which is as frustrating as it’s completely ridiculous.

The government has decided not to launch a public information campaign on reducing energy use this winter after the prime minister's office raised objections, the BBC has been told.
A source said there was a "reasonably well-developed plan" to encourage household energy saving.
But Climate Minister Graham Stuart denied a Times report that a campaign had been blocked by Downing Street.

More useless posturing by Truss. Every bit of energy saved saves the taxpayer some cash, either directly and or indirectly. Why not say to people if you do x, y and z you will reduce your usage AND help ensure the lights don’t go out in winter? I cannot, for the life of me, work out what the reasoning for that one is whatsoever and who would be offended if the government did such a thing. Interesting times…………
Another of her ridiculous ideas , it wont hurt to remind people and help those struggling focus on what they can do to save energy and money , those who know neednt watch it

Another of her ridiculous ideas , it wont hurt to remind people and help those struggling focus on what they can do to save energy and money , those who know neednt watch it
Exactly. Don’t watch it, or watch it and ignore it but to just not bother smacks of idiocy. Still, only one person to blame should the lights go out……

But smaller bailout for the government, surely a good thing? It’s like @Bodicoteblue says above, they cannot see the difference between public information/advice and some centralised diktat, which is as frustrating as it’s completely ridiculous.
I suspect they really care too much about the size of the deficit and the national debt. The bigger it is the less tax revenue there is for decent public services leading to more people going private for more things leading to a spiral down in what’s left of the state sector. The fact it makes the majority of the population poorer is immaterial if those at the top are making bigger profits, and there will be the additional opportunities of the very rich buying properties that the poor have been forced to sell at a discount price because they can no longer afford the mortgage.

I suspect they really care too much about the size of the deficit and the national debt. The bigger it is the less tax revenue there is for decent public services leading to more people going private for more things leading to a spiral down in what’s left of the state sector. The fact it makes the majority of the population poorer is immaterial if those at the top are making bigger profits, and there will be the additional opportunities of the very rich buying properties that the poor have been forced to sell at a discount price because they can no longer afford the mortgage.
But where are those private things? Take hospital care. Save for a couple in London, no private hospitals have critical care facilities. You’ve paid a fortune for your operation so you can have silk sheets and salmon for breakfast, but guess what happens if you have a complication or you need critical care? Blue light to the nearest District General Hospital.…

I blame her husband, if they are into BDSM then clearly he isn't doing his job correctly,

I imagine the plan is to pretend everything is ok for as long as possible and when it becomes impossible, blame Putin. Same stunt her predecessor pulled with brexit/ pandemic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.