Lord Janner

Hopefully more questions will be asked about the failure to prosecute him over 20 years ago.
Did somebody "lean on" the DPP? I ask merely to waste bandwidth as the papers will have been shredded, notebooks lost and memories faded.

A couple of of questions:

1. If i had dementia but was conviceted of a crime commited whilst compus mentas (sp?) would i face punishment, be it a fine or a prison sentence?

2. What are the official reasons for people with dementia not getting sent to jail, surely a secure hospital, such as broadmoor would be more than suitable for someone convicted in these circumstances?

3. On a moral level, why shouldnt we (as a country) punish people in the situation Janner finds himself in?

Broadmoor and the like are for people who commit crimes while mentally ill, i think so anyway. As for points 2 and 3, the answer is the same for both. A person with dementia will not be able to afford himself a proper and adequate defence to the charges- which is his right in law.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.