Louis Van Gaal sacked

GazC said:
Coach Jupp Heynckes is new, new players (Manuel Neuer, Jerome Boateng) will be required.
Why are those German press so certain that Bayern can get Boateng easily?

Marvin said:
foley87 said:
strange timing? LOL

Have you seen them play this year/the league table?
Yes, but will it help them get qualification? You'd think they'd wait until the season ended.

Puts a bit of pressure on the likes of Houllier and Bruce.

If you were a discontented Sunderland fan you'd look at Bruce, then at O'Neil and Van Gaal and think it's time for a change

-- Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:03 pm --

Ticket For Schalke said:
They have, someone who has managed there 3 or 4 times, think its the leverkusen manager.
Leverkusen have a good chance of the title though. About 6 points behind and closing in on Dortmund whose big lead has started to crumble
Philipp Lahm believes Bayern Munich have made the right decision in agreeing to cut ties with Louis van Gaal.

The Dutchman will see out the remainder of the season at Allianz Arena, before stepping aside in the summer.

Following a difficult and disappointing campaign for the Bundesliga giants, it is felt that a change in direction is required if the club are to return to the top of the German game.

Lahm feels Bayern had no option but to inform Van Gaal that his contract would not be renewed, and he is looking forward to working with incoming coach Jupp Heynckes.

"The change of manager is definitely right but we have all made mistakes, me included," he told BILD.

"We have been too shaky at the back and not efficient enough in front of goal.

"This is the way things are at Bayern - if you are not successful, you have to face the consequences."
Winning team

On the announcement that Heynckes is to return for a third spell at the club, Lahm added: "I have a good feeling about Heynckes. He knows Bayern and all of the decision-makers very well and it is certainly going to work out with him.

"Bayern Munich and Jupp Heynckes - that sounds like a winning team."

Before the new boss arrives, Bayern have to ensure that they finish inside the Bundesliga's top three, with Lahm admitting that a place in the Europa League would be considered a disaster.

"The Europa League is smaller and less attractive in every respect," he said.

"The cities, the clubs, the stadia, the attendance figures - everybody who works in football thinks this way.

"At Bayern, we want to measure ourselves against the best in the world, not with the leftovers from a party."

this is what i was saying its already been agreed. the story is from last month.

Hadn't he agreed to leave at the end of the season anyway?

Was comign by the looks of it if that's the case, should have just gone at the time that was agreed instead of doing it closer to the end where the new manager has less time to make an impact.

He's a good coach but someone has to be scapegoated.

Ajax

3 × Dutch League (Eredivisie): 1993–94, 1994–95, 1995–96
3 × Dutch Super Cup (Johan Cruijff Shield): 1992–93, 1993–94, 1994–95
1 × Dutch Cup (KNVB Cup): 1992–93
1 × UEFA Cup: 1991–92
1 × UEFA Champions League: 1994–95
1 × UEFA Super Cup: 1995
1 × Intercontinental Cup: 1995

Barcelona

2 × Spanish League (La Liga): 1997–98, 1998–99
1 × Spanish Cup (Copa del Rey): 1997–98
1 × UEFA Super Cup: 1997

AZ

1 × Dutch League (Eredivisie): 2008–09

Bayern Munich

1 × German League (Fußball-Bundesliga): 2009–10
1 × German Cup (DFB-Pokal): 2009–10
1 × German Super Cup (DFB-Supercup): 2010

And 2 CL finals

leighton said:
If Munich fail to make the champions league we should go all out for Schweinsteger just what this team need or even Thomas Muller. I could well see a number of that team move on if they miss out Robben , Ribery and Lahm would be on the hit lists of a number of teams across Europe.

Muller is not as prolific for bayern as he is Germany

I thought Germany took the 4th CL spot from Italy? Doesnt go into effect until next season then?

leighton said:
If Munich fail to make the champions league we should go all out for Schweinsteger just what this team need or even Thomas Muller. I could well see a number of that team move on if they miss out Robben , Ribery and Lahm would be on the hit lists of a number of teams across Europe.

Well, i think thats not possiable. They have all strong Contracts, Schweinsteiger just extended his till 2016. Müller has one till 2015.

The only Player who could go is Robben, but just could.

Generell, Bayern Munichs Managermant is one of the strongest in Europe. You would have to pay more than 70 M Euros for Robben (Contract till 2013). Thats how they work, same Story with Real and Ribery, Real wanted him so much, but Bayern sayed nothing under 100 Million.

Lahm has in the past stated his discontent with Bayer's transfer policy etc. and he's a fairly ambitious player. I wouldn't be too surprised if Barca, Real or United tried to get him. He plays on the left and right and is an amazing player.
WE SHOULD GET HIM

aswell as Muller, Robben, Ribery, Neuer!

Lahm is the most overrated player of modern times and he would be a great asset to any team looking to leak goals like a pipe with a hole in it. Muller is Ok but you need someone better with ambitions like Citys. Neuer, Robben and Ribery on the other hand are fantastic and provide great service, it's a shame Mario Gomez is so wasteful in front of goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.