Lucas Paquetá

Phillips and Nunes are mistakes we seemingly aren't going to learn from. Massively overrated inconsistent player.

Was utterly shit against Leverkusen but gets away with it because he plays for West Ham. Tops off the performance with a stupid yellow card so he misses the second leg. We've pissed money away the last few summers on players from mid table Prem clubs and going for the hat trick with this guy.

Imo the only poor signings are the guys who don't have the inner strength to battle off and on the pitch. I think Paqueta believes in himself a lot more than Phillips did or Nunes does or Doku does or even to some degree Grealish does.

(BTW I hope Grealish, Doku and Nunes keep building confidence and become regular goal threats)
My conspiracy theory is that when Kalvin Phillips showed up to training he realized he was nowhere near the quality of the rest of the squad. Namely Rodri makes him look like a league two player in terms of technical ability. And this in turn ruined his confidence as a footballer, hence why he's struggling even at West Ham.

Not the lads fault at all, but it's an expensive mistake from Tixki and Pep. Need to find a way to offload him this summer.

My conspiracy theory is that when Kalvin Phillips showed up to training he realized he was nowhere near the quality of the rest of the squad. Namely Rodri makes him look like a league two player in terms of technical ability. And this in turn ruined his confidence as a footballer, hence why he's struggling even at West Ham.

Not the lads fault at all, but it's an expensive mistake from Tixki and Pep. Need to find a way to offload him this summer.
Whatever the reason, we need rid asap. I hoped for him to come through it but he hasn't looked to even try.

Whatever the reason, we need rid asap. I hoped for him to come through it but he hasn't looked to even try.
Need Leeds to qualify for the PL and take him back. Maybe Phillips + cash for an Archie Gray deal could be on the table? Then loan Gray back out to them for another season to keep developing.

Imo the only poor signings are the guys who don't have the inner strength to battle off and on the pitch. I think Paqueta believes in himself a lot more than Phillips did or Nunes does or Doku does or even to some degree Grealish does.

(BTW I hope Grealish, Doku and Nunes keep building confidence and become regular goal threats)
Most Brazilian players have that panache or self confidence,does not mean everyone of them comes good

Would be like another Philips & Nunes kind of signing. Would David Silva, Ozil or Bernie be playing at West Ham, Everton or Southampton at age of 26?
We would have signed him last summer, aged 25, had it not been for the allegations. We might even have gone for him from Lyon the summer before, when he was 24 and the same age as Silva when he joined, but somehow we were convinced Phillips was better. It’s not always the fault of the player.

Pep and Txiki have wanted Paqueta for years but we always had other needs to sort first? Pep now getting the signings he wants it seems

We would have signed him last summer, aged 25, had it not been for the allegations. We might even have gone for him from Lyon the summer before, when he was 24 and the same age as Silva when he joined, but somehow we were convinced Phillips was better. It’s not always the fault of the player.
Philips helped with our English/Association trained quota.

Kalvin starred at the Euros, so no one could envisage how far off the pace he'd be at City.

Looking back at it, it's pretty obvious City realised his acquisition was a mistake from early on, hence why we wanted to move him on after 12 months.

Philips helped with our English/Association trained quota.

Kalvin starred at the Euros, so no one could envisage how far off the pace he'd be at City.

Looking back at it, it's pretty obvious City realised his acquisition was a mistake from early on, hence why we wanted to move him on after 12 months.
Phillips made no difference to the homegrown quota, we already had 4.Just a signing that didn’t work out, we don’t have many these days but for most clubs and us in the past it’s a fairly regular occurrence.
We’ve just got used to it not being us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.