Lucas Paquetá

You still havent answer the question. Would bigger clubs have allowed the likes of David Silva, Mesut Ozil or Bernardo Silva to remain at average clubs at age of 26. All example you have given are of defensive players apart from Navas who was a WC winner and played at Sevilla, one of the biggest clubs in Spain. And he too was just a squad player and not an integral part of the team. All the players that you have mentioned apart from Van Djik wont make it to out current squad.

If you don't think Fernandinho or Gareth Barry would make the current City squad list at least, especially in Fernandinho's case then that is honestly quite a bizarre take and very shameful...
View attachment 114424

Are AC Milan average? I gave you the reason for why they actually had to sell Lucas Paqueta crippling finances, he's very easily contrary to what you say West Ham's best player, he was last season too you only need to see how WHU play with and without him.
Not many foreign teams with the pandemic in full flow could spend even what Lyon did when AC sold him, Lyon only could because they received a good bit of money themselves.
Elite teams thwarted a little by the pandemic already had established players by that point and although Paqueta was on their radar he needed game time, because when he left AC Milan he'd had injuries that affected his spell there, you don't gamble money during a financial crisis on someone who might get injured.
Then when it came to Lyon selling their very best player to West Ham barely any non Prem teams, including most of Europe's elites could actually afford him due to the financial aftermath of the pandemic, there's a reason why he has that release fee because he fully expected it to be activated by a big Prem team... If that doesn't fully answer Paqueta I don't know what will.

Riyad Mahrez joined us at 26 there's another attacking player I felt no need to mention earlier, why did other big clubs around the world allow him to stay at Leicester until then.
The main reason for that is Mahrez matured later he was failing trials in his late teens and early 20s, footballers mature at different ages Mahrez matured later he's quite similar to Franck Ribery in that aspect.

Still gobsmacked you completely belittled Fernandinho earlier on, by saying he wouldn't make the squad that was completely outrageous...

If you don't think Fernandinho or Gareth Barry would make the current City squad list at least, especially in Fernandinho's case then that is honestly quite a bizarre take and very shameful...
View attachment 114424

Are AC Milan average? I gave you the reason for why they actually had to sell Lucas Paqueta crippling finances, he's very easily contrary to what you say West Ham's best player, he was last season too you only need to see how WHU play with and without him.
Not many foreign teams with the pandemic in full flow could spend even what Lyon did when AC sold him, Lyon only could because they received a good bit of money themselves.
Elite teams thwarted a little by the pandemic already had established players by that point and although Paqueta was on their radar he needed game time, because when he left AC Milan he'd had injuries that affected his spell there, you don't gamble money during a financial crisis on someone who might get injured.
Then when it came to Lyon selling their very best player to West Ham barely any non Prem teams, including most of Europe's elites could actually afford him due to the financial aftermath of the pandemic, there's a reason why he has that release fee because he fully expected it to be activated by a big Prem team... If that doesn't fully answer Paqueta I don't know what will.

Riyad Mahrez joined us at 26 there's another attacking player I felt no need to mention earlier, why did other big clubs around the world allow him to stay at Leicester until then.
The main reason for that is Mahrez matured later he was failing trials in his late teens and early 20s, footballers mature at different ages Mahrez matured later he's quite similar to Franck Ribery in that aspect.

Still gobsmacked you completely belittled Fernandinho earlier on, by saying he wouldn't make the squad that was completely outrageous...
Please see the updated post, Dinho name is there. It was updated before you replied. Probably took you eons to type all that hence the older one showed. Get a life bro.

Paqueta SaGa reminds me of the time to recruit Fernandinho. I see there are a lot of people who are going to apologize to Paqueta at this point next year.

Some of them will won't mark my words, There some people who already dead set hating him at every turn if he officially join us next season.

Some of them will won't mark my words, There some people who already dead set hating him at every turn if he officially join us next season.

If we sign him I hope it works out and he's great. I'm just struggling to understand what his role will be.

He takes too many risks and loses the ball too much for a defensive midfielder. But he currently doesn't create/score enough to be in a more offensive role.

Yes, West Ham aren't great etc, but some signings excite me, this one I'd say more confuses me. And yes, that might just be me!

I just wish I knew the thinking behind it and what the plan for him would be. I guess until we see it, we can only speculate.

If we sign him I hope it works out and he's great. I'm just struggling to understand what his role will be.

He takes too many risks and loses the ball too much for a defensive midfielder. But he currently doesn't create/score enough to be in a more offensive role.

Yes, West Ham aren't great etc, but some signings excite me, this one I'd say more confuses me. And yes, that might just be me!

I just wish I knew the thinking behind it and what the plan for him would be. I guess until we see it, we can only speculate.
Paqueta will be a CM or on wings, he is not accomplished as a DM.

in a DM we will sign another player - Bruno/Kimmich/Neves among the players we are interested

Goes missing in big games for west ham far too often. Dislike his petulant behaviour, don't mind someone having a little bit of a nasty streak in them but he's not anywhere near clever enough with it.

Don't see a role for him in the side, Nunes fulfills what could have been his role, we don't need 2 of those.

The next midfielder we sign has to be of the absolute highest bracket possible because we'll be replacing Bernardo and kdb with them.

Goes missing in big games for west ham far too often. Dislike his petulant behaviour, don't mind someone having a little bit of a nasty streak in them but he's not anywhere near clever enough with it.

Don't see a role for him in the side, Nunes fulfills what could have been his role, we don't need 2 of those.

The next midfielder we sign has to be of the absolute highest bracket possible because we'll be replacing Bernardo and kdb with them.
Wirtz hopefully.

Watch Paqueta demand a transfer and we get him for a lower price

Watch Paqueta demand a transfer and we get him for a lower price

Shouldn’t rule out West Ham taking a lower fee. Given he’s on a 5 year contract, his yearly amortization is 10.2m. In other words, a 74.8m transfer fee this summer would equal the accounting profit if he was sold for his 85m release clause last summer (assuming no add-ons were triggered)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.