Lucas Podolski

Podolski well... was an instinct player, comparable to Nolito or Teves in a way. Fans love him.

He was a huge factor as a confident, careless, fearless person and brilliant team player.
A typical street boy. His left foot being a weapon. Insane he scored last night.

He has those natural traits that players like e.g. Silva, Sterling or Navas are missing to an extent.

But well that's individual character and just the way it is.
Our scouting has to find those players, they are making the difference.

Podolski well... was an instinct player, comparable to Nolito or Teves in a way. Fans love him.

He was a huge factor as a confident, careless, fearless person and brilliant team player.
A typical street boy. His left foot being a weapon. Insane he scored last night.

He has those natural traits that players like e.g. Silva, Sterling or Navas are missing to an extent.

But well that's individual character and just the way it is.
Our scouting has to find those players, they are making the difference.

Even in other countries ? ;-)

Perhaps it explains why their national team has often achieved more than the sum of its parts, but it seems to be far more common in Germany that a player can be universally respected, regardless of his domestic team.

I remember attending a fanfest in Berlin at the 2006 World Cup, and the reception for Rudi Voller (who played mainly for Bremen and Leverkusen) was phenomenal.

It’s probably the same for Podolski who was a Cologne player, yet every Monchengladbach fan I spoke to last Autumn didn’t have a bad word for him.

I’m not sure we could ever have an English equivalent, (especially if they play for United or Liverpool), although Seaman and Pearce probably came close in the 90s.

Harry Kane might be that player, but I wouldn’t put money on it.

Think he got so many caps because he's an ideal squad/ tournament player, plays both wings, up front and behind the striker if needs be. Not a bad player but shouldn't be getting 130 caps for Germany, even if he doesn't have a bad record, he probably has a better international record than club I'd imagine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.