M60 "Smart Motorway".

@BBB

Nobody would vote for a drunk washed up Commie with some sense and vision.

The car lobby would hate me, as I would be portrayed as anti freedom, the rags would hate me as I couldnt resist closing down the swamp and making them play nearer there fanbase in Surrey and the RWNJs would hate me because im a cuddly lentil eating leftie :))

shadygiz said:
what they mean by smart motorway is, a section of road that is constantly monitored by CCTV cameras, fitted with huge signage everywhere and ultimately restricted to 50mph in rush hour, all again monitored by speed cameras

They've done it on the M25, M6, M1 & M62 and for some reason seem to think it works in keeping the traffic moving. Its the sheer numbers of motorists on the motorways that is the problem.

Agree and I had the pleasure of driving through the section outside of Birmingham on the M6, speed cameras every hop step and a jump, with the speed limit altering from 50 to 40 to 60, i'm glad I don't have to drive through that every day.

I agree as well it's the sheer numbers using the motorways, a carpool lane like in America would work. Also get freight back off the roads and onto the railways.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
shadygiz said:
what they mean by smart motorway is, a section of road that is constantly monitored by CCTV cameras, fitted with huge signage everywhere and ultimately restricted to 50mph in rush hour, all again monitored by speed cameras

They've done it on the M25, M6, M1 & M62 and for some reason seem to think it works in keeping the traffic moving. Its the sheer numbers of motorists on the motorways that is the problem.

Agree and I had the pleasure of driving through the section outside of Birmingham on the M6, speed cameras every hop step and a jump, with the speed limit altering from 50 to 40 to 60, i'm glad I don't have to drive through that every day.

I agree as well it's the sheer numbers using the motorways, a carpool lane like in America would work. Also get freight back off the roads and onto the railways.

http://www.peel.co.uk/projects/portsalford

Before it even becomes a smart motorway they have now got mile upon mile of bollards and a 50 restriction. Starts near the Trafford Centre and continues along to the M62 near junction 21.

There appears to be no reason for it and most motorists are completely ignoring the limit.

What is that all about?

I get on at Simister Island and then off at the M62 junction each morning
The seven mile journey takes between 20 and 40 minutes at 6.45am, what's it going to be like during this 'improvement'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.