Madeleine McCann

uQuWeAS.jpg

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but there's a documentary out there by Sr Amaral who headed the case at the beginning. Think it's called The Truth Of The Lie, there is also a book of the same name. Worth a watch and a read if you can still get hold of it.

I’m not saying you do, or I do for that matter.

I’m saying that people perhaps can see such tone more often when it’s someone they’re disagreeing with.

I’d argue that I’ve at the very least given as much as I’ve got on here and in some cases have been spoken down to more than I have to them.

I agree, I’m ready to park this thread for now.

Dr.Faustus has given the best arguments for me, despite the fact I probably disagreed with his general sentiment to begin with.

I think as with most things in life there is more agreement to be found in discussion and debate than disagreement.

And here you go barging in with that condescending tone whilst not making nearly as good points as the other poster who disagrees with me.

“Tried to help you” - I don’t need help, we’re having a discussion and it’s ok to disagree.

I feel there’s a case to be had, it was lax and they should have used the crèche or made it more difficult to enter/leave the apartment by locking it but I don’t believe leaving them 77m away whilst checking on them every 20 minutes is gross negligence.

Your language in the rest of the post shows an element of bias against them and I don’t believe this helps.

There’s no need to produce ‘points’ that disagree with you.

You’re wrong and the vast majority of the posters on the recent parts of the thread have explained to you why that is.

You’re entitled to your view but your view makes you look daft.

There’s no need to produce ‘points’ that disagree with you.

You’re wrong and the vast majority of the posters on the recent parts of the thread have explained to you why that is.

You’re entitled to your view but your view makes you look daft.

It’s not the vast majority at all.

There’s 4/5 that agree with you and 2/3 that agree with me. It isn’t a topic where there is a clear correct answer as it’s subjective.

You think I look daft but I think you look daft so what’s the point?

If you read my last few posts, I’ve parked this discussion and have given some ground.

I’ve no idea why you’re still trying to entice an argument again when we’ve done it to death.

Just finished the doc. I don’t get the Tanner sighting and the subsequent coming forward of the guy who says it was probably him.

This happened 3 years after the likely abduction. How does that happen? One of the biggest cases of its type. You were a UK citizen holidaying there with a child of a similar age using the hotel crèche. And it takes 3 years to rule the sighting as innocent.

The problem i have in all of this talk of they thought she would be safe, no real risk etc, is that this is all about her being abducted. Now to be honest, i wouldn't expect any child to be abducted and don't think anyone should live their and their children's lives with this in mind all the time otherwise we'd strap our kids to ourselves permanently, (although we know it does go on) my issue is that in leaving the patio door unlocked they left her in a vulnerable state, as has been stated, she could have wandered out and gone into the road, she could have fell into the pool.

This alone makes me feel they were negligent in their duty as parents, they never looked out for her well-being in my opinion.

Who on here would leave a 4 year old alone near either of the 2 above risks?

Think we all know the answer to that.

And the twins who were even younger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.