Major blaze in Liverpool city centre car park

You mean water isn't a good idea? (I think with skip fires in a steel works a bit of water could mean a rocket-assisted skip...)

Looks spectacular but it’s not that bad, Iike i said it’s a nightmare to extinguish, plus we now have LPG and battery powered cars all with different isssues to deal with.

A big international horsey event will probably mean a lot of the cars will be high end I imagine. Lets say it is 1400 cars at a conservative average value of £25k... that's £35 mil.

Plus, of course, each car will have had the obligatory iphone, expensive sunnies and Tiffany bracelet all left in the glove box.
Scousers will have got them before torching it.

Scousers will have got them before torching it.

You've misunderstood my point, those items won't ever have been in the glove boxes, but the people making the insurance claims will claim they were.

It's being reported in the echo that there will be a minutes silence before Fridays fa cup tie between Liverpool and Everton to remember the 1400 vehicles tragically lost in the car park fire.

Shows how cuts have affected fire cover normally they would have had 8 engines to that fire initially they got 2. Bearing in mind you can’t get a pump into the car park, manpower etc is essential.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.