Man of the Match - Middlesbrough (a)

Man of the Match - Middlesbrough (a)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aguero is the forward for City.
Gabriel Jesus is a heck of a player too, but,he need more games to rise.

Kompany over Aguero for me. I never like it when Sergio thinks he has to win the game on his own (except when he does...). Too much dribbling or passing into blind alleys from the whole team, to be fair. Whenever we quickly switched the play we had acres of room to exploit, not that we made much of it, of course.

30 goals and missed at least 7 games

Aguero for me too
Following Pep's instructions to drop back and get involved in the build-up - still scored 32. Absolute legend. Irreplaceable. Let him stay until he decides the time is right to go back to Argentina. Head and shoulders the best striker in the Prem.

Easily Aguero. Has looked good dropping deep in the last couple of games. He's had to do that because DeBruyne just doesn't seem able to link play to the required standard. If we sell Aguero it will surely go down as the biggest bollock we've dropped in the transfer market since we chose not to sign Luis Figo for £1m in 1995.

100% agree. Got my vote also. Although I get the feeling more so than the Club selling Sergio it will more come down to whether Kun wants to leave.

MOTD showed in detail how well he played together with gabby that he got a goal and assist

Watching the match in full I think it's a very exciting combination. People talk about the formation not working, that was more down to the personnel -- the wing-backs Pep started with offered nothing going forwards, little to nothing going back. With no Silva or Yaya in midfield, the strikers, mainly through Kun , were able to fashion some more than decent chances in the first half. Their movement around and for each other was, by and large, excellent. They were the only positive in an otherwise fairly dross first half.

If Sterling and Sane (or even Nolito for one of them) had started in that formation with one of Silva or Yaya we would have had more control in that first half and I doubt (can never say never) Boro would have got their foot in the door as happened. Still that's all what ifs and maybes.

Just think though, that with virtually no minutes together before Gabriel got injured, in the just over 90 minutes since (end of the derby and Boro game), despite there being no Silva for creativity, these two have created at least three excellent chances (more if half chances included) to score and win the game. All of them were Kun for Gabriel (Sergio seems to be relishing having someone else out there with him that actually wants to put the ball in the net). But think what it could be like if they can build on that. Interchanging during games. Both creating for each other. Extremely promising.

Hope Kun stays and it becomes a big part of the way forward. Can see lots of goals coming with these two working together. Fingers crossed Pep sees it that way.

Sergio. The amount of shit I have read about him not being good enough for us any more is unbelievable. The question maybe better put are we playing well enough for him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.