Man of the Match - Monaco (h)

Man of the Match - Monaco (h)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spanish Dave, again, because he quietly ran everything we did well. Actually thought that Sergio's work-rate and application were exceptional whilst his touch and finishing could have been better (by his own God-like genius standards). Would like to give an honourable mention to Stones, who fought hard all game and whose response to being mugged for the Falcao goal was to score one and set up another. He's a class act.

I thought Silva was magical. He started everything. He creates the space and the passes for Sane and Sterling to do their thing. He's always passing and thinking forward. All the time. His battling for the n'all back is brilliant and unsung as well.

I know the front three are more eye catching but I thought Silva and Yaya ran the show last night

Three contenders for me: Willy, Sane, and Sterling. Went for Sterling. A goal, and one assist but his pace on the counter was absolutely key. Could easily have gone for Sane. Two exceptional attacking performances. Willy's penalty save was a key moment and helped us turn the game around. Probably the key moment in the game

Went with Silva, though like others have said all our attacking players were worthy.

Sterling for me, but hard to choose between him and Sane. Goal and an assist and tireless in defence and attack. Pep has made him into the £50M player we all hoped was there.

King Kun just edges it for me above sterling, sane and silva, obviously all our attackers were sublime and some of our forward play was breathtaking.

But i loved Kun's reaction to Willys penalty save. if you see the footage from behind falcao you can see Kun jumping around delight. i have no doubts he loves this club and i will love him forever whether he stays or leaves in the summer.

and there was that moment in the second half when he lost the ball cheaply but sprinted back and won it back. that got as big a roar from me as when he scored his volley.

Opted for Sane, purely because there was a stint where Monaco negated our right side, but they just couldn't get a handle on Sane all night long, which opened it all up for Silva and Sterling as the game progressed and they tried to give more attention to Leroy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.