Man of the Match - Shakhtar (h)

Man of the Match - Shakhtar (h)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Delph never gets man of the match so it has to be him. He obviously lacks Mendy's runs but it was a better defensive performance than Mendy could have given.

Completely agree with this. If you want to play full backs as opposed to wing backs then playing Mendy is risky. In short he is not a great defender, is clumsy (as was shown in his crude tackle that injured only himself at the weekend) and I feel is a certain to give away silly penalties, if asked to make too many defensive decisions in our own box, as the season progresses.

Delph on the other hand was old school last evening. Didn't offer too much going forward but was rock solid defensively. Possibly the most assured old style full back display by any City player since Zabaleta was in his pomp. For me he's a must start at Chelsea.

Fabian Maldini for me. I'm surprised we didn't try it last year when it was clear that Kolarov/Clichy wasn't working.

The Prince was his usual fanfuckintastic self and now seems to enjoy getting stuck in as well. Thought Stones and Otamendi were solid and - whisper it- composed on the ball.
Gonna go with Delph though. Intelligent positional play allowing for a rock solid display of old school fullbacking.

Fernandinho. It was like there were two of him in midfield putting fires out last night, marvellous performance.

Delph was excellent too, as was Stones who continues to look more and more like a £50 mill defender.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.