Manchester City Executive Visits India As Owners Look to Expand Reach

Well I was in India a few years ago and its not all about those now. Nearly all premier league teams are supported as nearly every game is broadcast live. There are a fair few City fans now. Whenever I wore my City shirts in bars or restaurants people would talk to me about City. Also Barcelona and Real Madrid are huge over there. This also might have something to do with the potential Puma deal as Puma have signed Virat Kohli

Put posters around India of kohli wearing a city puma shirt, easy marketing.

I was having a chat with my naan about this, and she said once we get a foothold there, our support there will never saag, and the Rags' support is bound to phall

Oh Korma on. This has gone too far.

As an Anglo-Indian (from Glossop) with roots in Kolkata I hope City buy set up a rival club to Atletico De Kolkata in the Indian Super League.

Kolkata is the biggest football hotbed in India and stems from the British Raj and there is room for a new team there. The East Bengal v Mohun Bagan Derby is massive but they don’t play in the high profile Indian Super League. Why not have a Derby in the Indian Super League too? The growing West Bengal Branch of the MCFC Suporters club has a loyal band of Blues many of whom watched and backed Phil Foden in the U17s World Cup because he is a Blue. I’d imagine they would support a Kolkata City team but still follow Manchester City as passionately as they do now.

I hope we don’t get involved in the other league the Indian Premier League (and it’s unlikely anyway) because it wouldn’t be good revenue or profile wise for City and plus East Bengal F.C. are my Indian team (my Indian family are all East Bengal and our roots are in East Bengal (now Bangladesh), and and wouldn’t want to go against them.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.