Manchester City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite being last seasons most attacking teams, I think both will be scared of losing this. That could make for an edgy defensive game.

Both teams strength lies in attack, but being at home, that puts the emphasis on us. Liverpool are extremely dangerous on the break and that's a real worry for a City team who are used to being camped in the opposition's half.

We were very lucky against them at home last season, and nothing less than our very best will do.
For me, Liverpool will be one of the toughest tests for us home and away along with Chelsea and at a push, Arsenal.

I suspect we could be undone by Liverpool next Monday. Looking forward to it though, albeit with a touch of trepidation.

Hart
zabba
Kompany
mdm
Kolorov
Fernando
toure
Nasri
Silva
Aguero
dzeko

Mangala should debut against stoke
but for pool we should go in with mdm kompany partnership who have formed a formidable pairing

3-1

City

FanchesterCity said:
Despite being last seasons most attacking teams, I think both will be scared of losing this. That could make for an edgy defensive game.

Both teams strength lies in attack, but being at home, that puts the emphasis on us. Liverpool are extremely dangerous on the break and that's a real worry for a City team who are used to being camped in the opposition's half.

We were very lucky against them at home last season, and nothing less than our very best will do.
For me, Liverpool will be one of the toughest tests for us home and away along with Chelsea and at a push, Arsenal.

I suspect we could be undone by Liverpool next Monday. Looking forward to it though, albeit with a touch of trepidation.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. I don't think our big guns are at 100 percent, yet theirs are ( ie sturridge and sterling ). Will be a big night for Fernando. If we can put on a good professional performance and take 3 points in this one then that will give us a massive confidence boost for the rest of the home games this season.....looking forwards to it already.

I'm really worried about this one, we tend to start very slowly against rivals causing us a great deal of work for the first 15-20mins. Liverpool will be fired up and getting tackles in and I think we'll struggle, also their a big big threat from corners which is still a weak point for us. Another advantage for Liverpool is their pace and tricky small energetic players, something that our bigger lads seem to struggle with.

I'm not one bit confident with this one blues, we need to get a grip early and dominate them with no complacency or we will be beaten.

2-1 Liverpool with Yaya and/or Ferno taking a lot of flack.....

Come on City please prove me wrong.

Play a midfield duo and we will struggle to keep the ball. Pool starts very well, every game first 20 minutes they usually are going in a very high tempo. This way they were nearly 2-0 up at Etihad last season and was 2-0 up (nearly 3-0) at Anfield.

We should make sure they dont get the lead 3rd time now...

I am actually waiting to see if we use a 3 man midfield who is going to be on bench. An attacker or a midfielder like Nasri.

They dont have Suarez anymore. From us no one important left, we should win this, of course form and fitness are not ideal but neither their's.

Liverpool are quick and too many of City's players aren't yet fit enough for 90 minutes, so I hope there's a heathy lead by half time. Aguero won't start, not if they've learned a lesson from last year when more than once he was brought back too soon, he'll do 20 minutes in the second half at most. Oh, and if the Stevie Gerard song gets sung too much you can bet he'll score. "Champions" will do.

looking forward to this, we'll want revenge for the 3-2, we're defensively stronger than we were back then with Demi and Vinnie having had longer and being champions together, and adding Fernando really adds steel. Furthermore without Suarez it now means the likes of Vinnie will mark Sturridge out of the game, and Zaba can focus more on Sterling and Fernando will cover and he and Fern would be all over Coutinho and Gerrard, thus I think our defence is stronger and Liverpool's attack is weaker, and our attack is as strong if not stronger than last season and their defence is just as shaky.

I think we'll be determined, ready and could have a really fun evening, we'll want to set the record straight as champions.

3 in midfield and I think we'll win a tight game. 2 in midfield and I don't know, could end up something like 4-3 either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.