Manchester City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kun Aguero said:
the talisman said:
lfcjoe said:
Must say my fellow LFC fan arguing that youse 'almost failed to win the league' is a bellend (sorry mate)

Can't believe we're being linked to Balotelli! A top player on his day - but the exact opposite to what Rodgers usually signs. Yes we badly need a striker to cover for when Sturridge inevitably gets himself injured, but Balotelli? He's all the trouble of Suarez but without his workrate or teamwork. Yes he will bring goals but I can't see him forming a good partnership with Sturridge. He will kick up stink if he's put on the bench and his ego will have a bad effect on the rest of our squad in my opinion.
Yes, you could also argue that Rodgers could turn him into more of a team player like he did with Sturridge and perhaps help Balotelli to reach his undoubted potential - but I don't think anyone could change Balotelli's attitude to be honest.

Let me know your thoughts - Would you be disgusted to see him in a red shirt? Do you think he would be a good signing for us having seen what he brought to your team?

He'll be your best striker now that goofy's gone.

All the trouble of Suarez? I don't think being a bit of a clown is comparable to being a racist and serial biter. If he gets a fair go off the refs this could be the signing of the summer, I hope he doesn't play against us.

Sturridge is streets ahead of him.

Both good players, Mario's goal per minute record with us was better than DS in the same league. It's just an opinion.

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Demichelis
Clichy

Fernando
Fernandinho
Yaya

Silva

Aguero (if not fit then Nasri)
Dzeko

They are dangerous on counter so we should play both Fernando and Fernandinho in the middle, but from what I could see against Southampton their defense is awful so we should play with 2 strikers. I think it will be a surprisingly easy win 2-0.

Hello lads & lasses, Liverpool fan here in peace obviously.
Just wanted to give my tuppence worth if I may.
Firstly I have always had a soft spot for City due to an old scout of yours Pete Shelton who I know very well but mainly to the fact that you have always been the polar opposite to the red side of your city ( humble, classy, realistic and humourous)
The end of the season for me was an embarrasment due to many issues raised on these boards so no need to go into those again, most of us who are of a certain age and attend the match feel the same so please dont take too much notice of whats said on RAWK as that does not represent the majority of decent reds in my opinion, the official chatroom is probably the most well balanced although every club has its share of dickheads.
Also I am ashamed of the behaviour of the scum who bricked one of your coaches and again I know loads of reds who were sickened by that along with the booing which was in bad taste again in my opinion.
On to the game on Monday I can only see one outcome unfortunately, I would jump at the chance of taking a point away given the chance! 3-1 to you boys.
Finally I wish you and your fabulous club all the best for the coming season (after Monday of course)
Now go on and build a dynasty, you have all the tools in place and god knows you deserve it.

Mick_Bootle said:
Firstly I have always had a soft spot for City due to an old scout of yours Pete Shelton who I know very well but mainly to the fact that you have always been the polar opposite to the red side of your city ( humble, classy, realistic and humourous)
The end of the season for me was an embarrasment due to many issues raised on these boards so no need to go into those again, most of us who are of a certain age and attend the match feel the same so please dont take too much notice of whats said on RAWK as that does not represent the majority of decent reds in my opinion, the official chatroom is probably the most well balanced although every club has its share of dickheads.
Also I am ashamed of the behaviour of the scum who bricked one of your coaches and again I know loads of reds who were sickened by that along with the booing which was in bad taste again in my opinion.
On to the game on Monday I can only see one outcome unfortunately, I would jump at the chance of taking a point away given the chance! 3-1 to you boys.
Finally I wish you and your fabulous club all the best for the coming season (after Monday of course)
Now go on and build a dynasty, you have all the tools in place and god knows you deserve it.

Thanks Mick, welcome to BlueMoon!

Mick_Bootle said:
Welcome fella, good appraisal

the talisman said:
Kun Aguero said:
the talisman said:
He'll be your best striker now that goofy's gone.

All the trouble of Suarez? I don't think being a bit of a clown is comparable to being a racist and serial biter. If he gets a fair go off the refs this could be the signing of the summer, I hope he doesn't play against us.

Sturridge is streets ahead of him.

Both good players, Mario's goal per minute record with us was better than DS in the same league. It's just an opinion.

One of which you are entitled to, Balotelli took our peno's if he was on, Sturridge is also in a weaker squad.

Anyone want to bet £1 Sturridge will score more goals this season?

bornblueegg said:
Mick_Bootle said:

Could not agree more, nice to hear from a decent Liverpool fan

Big game considering we should take Stoke at home the following week. 3/3 going into the international break would be a huge plus with a trip to Arsenal just after.

We just need to nullify Sterling and to a lesser extent Sturridge and we should be fine. Get Silva on the ball as quickly as possible in the right areas.

I'd go with the below with Yaya pushing on a bit and Silva and Jov dropping out to the wings when not in possession. Clichy making Sterling play with his back to goal as much as possible and Kompany bullying Sturridge. Monday is a long way away yet though.........

Hart
Clichy
Kompany
Mangala
Zab
Fernando
Fernandinho
Yaya
Silva
Jovetic
Aguero

derek said:
bornblueegg said:
Mick_Bootle said:

Could not agree more, nice to hear from a decent Liverpool fan

is it me or does anyone feel a bit uncomfortable with such gushing praise bestowed on us by mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.