Mancini and City get out clause?

FantasyIreland

Roberto Mancini has a clause in his £25million contract where he can walk away from Manchester City over the next two seasons, writes the Sunday People.

The revelation comes with Mancini under huge pressure as City face Champions League humiliation at the group stage for a second successive year.

The Italian signed a new five-year deal in the summer amid the euphoria of winning the Premier League on the final day of the season.

Click here to read more stories from the Sunday People.

According to sources in Italy, Mancini agreed to the clause which gives both parties a get-out within two years.

So he could leave – or be sacked – without City having to pay up for the full term of the deal.

The club’s mega-rich owners were dismayed by Mancini’s revelations that he had been speaking to other clubs last season, when his job would have been under threat if he had not delivered the league title.

And they have been less than impressed by another Champions League fiasco.

But Mancini’s No.2 David Platt insisted there is no way the Italian will quit or be driven out without a fight.

“That won’t happen, no,” said Platt, “It’s not getting to him and I am confident of that because I know him well. His desire is to win.

“He’s signed a five-year contract in the summer which was given to him by the football club by virtue of the fact he’s the manager of the league champions.

“The last time I looked at the league table we were two points off the top in third place after 10 games, with 28 to go.It’s hardly a crisis.”

tbh I'm not in the rush for champions league trophy either but I'd very much like to at least get out of the group stage and show some progress

cmdub said:
tbh I'm not in the rush for champions league trophy either but I'd very much like to at least get out of the group stage and show some progress
3 points today and the double over the Red filth will do me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.