Mancini and City get out clause?

Skashion said:
Were we humiliated last season? We got ten points in a tough group. Ten points is usually enough.

We twice beat a team that is now in Spanish League 2, beat Bayern Munich's reserves, and got a solitary point from Napoli at home. That's not humiliating, but its certainly not flattering either.

hgblue said:
Totally agree with you mate, but what we don't know is whether the owner feels quite so relaxed about another poor CL campaign? I suspect not. As far as a get out clause goes, people were using the fact that he'd just signed a new contract and therefore we couldn't afford to sack him as evidence that he wouldn't be sacked, so a clause in his contract would totally negate this argument. In fact, a few of us pointed out that there was highly likely to be such a clause in his new contract, so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this story were true. This doesn't of course mean that his sacking is on the cards or desirable, but it does mean that it's an option if deemed necessary.

Exactly! It would be more surprising to hear that Mancini didn't have any clauses related to performance in his contract. One thing for sure, is if the club starts bringing in players in January that fit into the Barca model, and we're starting to look unlikely in the league, then I'd think Mancini would be holding talks with a few fallback jobs just in case.

Duncan Castles' article in The National says Pep has been approached about position at City.

And how many top contracts DON'T have such clauses in them - players and managers alike.

The press, from the moment that Thaksin disappeared and the GoodSheikh took over, and the coterie of Rag media sycophants realised that this was a major threat in their own back yard, and last season proved it.

The only weapon is to ridicule, lambast and lampoon, knowing full well it's meat and drink to those who feel their position threatened.

Most of the stuff wouldn't win a Year 7 debate, and is basically devoid of any intelligent premise.

makes sense for both parties

might be bs...but we do have very clever business men at the top...they arent going to hand out 5 years contracts to anyone without stipulations

hgblue said:
blueinsa said:
On record as not being one of Bobs biggest fans and yes, the performances in the CL have been poor but like many, the CL means fuck all and nothing too me right now and the league is the barometer i will judge the man by and so far, so good results wise.

Totally agree with you mate, but what we don't know is whether the owner feels quite so relaxed about another poor CL campaign? I suspect not. As far as a get out clause goes, people were using the fact that he'd just signed a new contract and therefore we couldn't afford to sack him as evidence that he wouldn't be sacked, so a clause in his contract would totally negate this argument. In fact, a few of us pointed out that there was highly likely to be such a clause in his new contract, so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this story were true. This doesn't of course mean that his sacking is on the cards or desirable, but it does mean that it's an option if deemed necessary.

None of us have seen the contract mate but i would be amazed if BOTH parties had not inserted certain get out clauses.

You are also right too point out that although the CL might not register very highly on us the fans radar at this moment in time, it certainly will do on the owners both in terms of prestige and revenues.

The coming months and the relationship between Bob and the new Barca contingent will be key as to how it will end up imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.