Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mancity1 said:
I do subscribe to the principal though and I could be wrong in that assessment as well that he was a three year manager at best but most likely a two year manager and was aware of that when he took on the job offered to him.

I agree with this to a greater or lesser extent. My feeling with Pellegrini has always been that he came in because he was the best available manager at the time and because his relationship with Pep/Txiki meant that the transition between those two would be smooth and open.

In terms of cycles Pellegrini for me is someone who could do 2 cycles at a club like City because he has the right character for a top club. One thing we see from last season and this season is a baseline consistency in results which is what separates the good from the excellent. Things can go tits up no matter how talented the players are if the wrong coach is brought in. I think both Moyes and Van Gaal are testament to that! :)

de niro said:
cleavers said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
it doesn't really.
We'll have to differ then, but I've lived within 30 miles of London for the last 25 years, its certainly nothing special.

Manchester may not have the quantity of places that London has, but London doesn't really have anything that Manchester doesn't have, other than a queen, and London doesn't have Manchester City.

Manchester is a village compared to London.

I've lived in London and can confirm that 'its certainly nothing special'. I've also lived elsewhere in the world and can confirm that the vast majority of foreigners think that the entirety of England is in London. Therein lies the problem of attracting some players and, it seems, their shopping-happy wives.

Mister Appointment said:
mancity1 said:
I do subscribe to the principal though and I could be wrong in that assessment as well that he was a three year manager at best but most likely a two year manager and was aware of that when he took on the job offered to him.

I agree with this to a greater or lesser extent. My feeling with Pellegrini has always been that he came in because he was the best available manager at the time and because his relationship with Pep/Txiki meant that the transition between those two would be smooth and open.

In terms of cycles Pellegrini for me is someone who could do 2 cycles at a club like City because he has the right character for a top club. One thing we see from last season and this season is a baseline consistency in results which is what separates the good from the excellent. Things can go tits up no matter how talented the players are if the wrong coach is brought in. I think both Moyes and Van Gaal are testament to that! :)

Fair points.

in the case of Manure while I don't think Van Gaal is a good fit for them and I can see them moving him on sooner rather than later I think his squad is unbalanced and the deficiencies were not addressed properly in th Summer to at least have a decent crack at the title so to speak.

My view on MP is that he is a good manager perhaps a very good manager but I don't think he will be with us long enough to see our best tilt at a Chumps League which is our next point of call as such.

Stability is what he has provided despite what I would regard it a stuttering season for what he regards as the best squad in the premiership to date.

I am more than happy with what he has done for us to date and should he move on at the end of the season which I know you believe cannot and will not happen he goes with my greatest appreciation.

mancity1 said:
My view on MP is that he is a good manager perhaps a very good manager but I don't think he will be with us long enough to see our best tilt at a Chumps League which is our next point of call as such.

Stability is what he has provided despite what I would regard it a stuttering season for what he regards as the best squad in the premiership to date.

I am more than happy with what he has done for us to date and should he move on at the end of the season which I know you believe cannot and will not happen he goes with my greatest appreciation.

I think for him to move this summer it'd have to be because Pep (or Klopp) have become available and the club want them. Otherwise nothing will stop him at the minimum seeing out the last 12 months of his contract.

On the CL, we're still in it this season. Anything can happen! :)

Mister Appointment said:
mancity1 said:

I think for him to move this summer it'd have to be because Pep (or Klopp) have become available and the club want them. Otherwise nothing will stop him at the minimum seeing out the last 12 months of his contract.

Seeing out his contract is only really an option if Pellegrini makes it clear that he is happy to retire or move on in 2016. Otherwise its a case of extending his contract in the summer or sacking him.

Mister Appointment said:
mancity1 said:

Anything can happen but I think we are still a bit shy of beating Barca over two legs.

As for a managerial change in the summer I am not sure it would have to be Pep or Klopp or bust.

2-3 year cycles are not necessarily the disaster some make out they are so long as the change is right for the club at the time.

Sometimes a season is all that is required again as long the replacement is best for the club at the time.

coleridge said:
de niro said:
cleavers said:
We'll have to differ then, but I've lived within 30 miles of London for the last 25 years, its certainly nothing special.

Manchester may not have the quantity of places that London has, but London doesn't really have anything that Manchester doesn't have, other than a queen, and London doesn't have Manchester City.

Manchester is a village compared to London.

I've lived in London and can confirm that 'its certainly nothing special'. I've also lived elsewhere in the world and can confirm that the vast majority of foreigners think that the entirety of England is in London. Therein lies the problem of attracting some players and, it seems, their shopping-happy wives.

You've nailed it there. For most of us there isn't much of a difference and obviously we'll all prefer Manchester to London and so we should. For those with money it's a completely different scenario. London has so much more to offer in terms of high end shops, bars, restaurants and lifestyle in general. Most foreign people think once they've seen London they've seen it all and rarely venture elsewhere. Chelsea have a major advantage on that front.

Its not just the shopping and tourist attractions. London has thriving ex pat communities for most nationalities. Mascherno left Liverpool because his missus didnt have enough people to talk to in her own language during the day, felt like a prisoner in her house. The wives will always find more people who share their language and culture in London.

cibaman said:
Its not just the shopping and tourist attractions. London has thriving ex pat communities for most nationalities. Mascherno left Liverpool because his missus didnt have enough people to talk to in her own language during the day, felt like a prisoner in her house. The wives will always find more people who share their language and culture in London.

Should have taken English lessons in Liverpool (LOL) and learnt how to speak Scouse.

Would have met a few people there.

If you are a WAG you have to make some sacrifices from time to time if you could call them that.

Plenty of Spanish lovelies that would have swapped roles with her no doubt.

Didsbury Dave said:
George Hannah said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Txiki pulled the wool over the sheikh and khaldoon's eyes but not yours, eh George?
Check out the big brain on you. He spunked that £50 million up the wall on purpose and you got him nailed.
I'm thinking it was Marwood trying to please Soriano at that stage, your chronology needs some work.

Aaaaahhh. It was Big Bad Brian. Our very own Machevellian Bond Villian, pulling the strings and stitching up The Sheikh.

And he would have got away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids.
Senior Executive with Special Responsibility for St Mirren Relations these days I believe. How far the Mighty Marwood's needlework has got him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.