Manuel Pellegrini

Pellers took over a side that on paper was the best in the P/L - a side that was underperforming due largely to a fallout with Mancini. He won a title by not pissing off anyone.

Beyond that - there's nothing at all positive in his tenure.

That said - Pellers was just a stop gap while the club continued to pursue Pep.

Last edited:
What's brilliant about having a dig at our current boss in an effort to show support to his predecessor?

Plenty have had a dig at all the managers since the takeover.

I think Pep is doing a fantastic job, but he didn’t come in and have the immediate success many thought he would.

Plenty have had a dig at all the managers since the takeover.

I think Pep is doing a fantastic job, but he didn’t come in and have the immediate success many thought he would.
Yup.

I really liked Mancini - very popular with fans - undone because he pissed people off in person (management and players) and because management didn't back him (wanted Pep ultimately).
=====
Me? - I never thought that Pep's first year would be any sort of success.

Pep took over a very talented side - but not the most talented side in the P/L.

Moreover, Pep took over a side wholly unsuited to his style of play - everyone very good on the ball - everyone exceptionally fit - everyone able to press for the full 90 - everyone very football aware - able to recognize danger on defense and take action - everyone moving into open spaces on offense - that's not the side Pep inherited.

The team Pep took over from Pellers was miles away from anywhere near a side that could play the way Pep wanted.

One transfer window later - we're clearly the best team in the EPL and we're among the teams most likely to win the C/L.

Hopefully Pep stays another year or two - if he does, I think that a C/L title is at least 50-50.

I absolutely was not having a dig at pep.

I think he's a great manager and has us playing unbelievable football which I'm sure will be successful.

I think he's a better manager overall than manuel.

But I don't now amd haven't ever understood the hate for manuel.

His record and achievements with us, especially given the circumstances he found himself in are magnificent.

I never got the hate. Don't understand it.

He was brilliant.

Name the players who he improved during his tenure at City.

The year we lost the league to slippy G, the football was a joy to behold. We scored goals for fun, even Navas scored. The second season teams worked out that thwy could foul us on the halfway and get away with it.
After that he never seemed to have a plan b and also had his favourites that played whether injured or not. The football also became stagnant where we were passing slowly and just for passing sake.
Also last season at times the football wasnt much better under Pep. The difference is that Pep has been able to strengthen the weakness in defence. Now we will never know if this was Manuel or the boards decision.
Can I just say how greatful I am to Manuel pellingrini for winning the double, for which he should of got manager of the season and shutting the dippers up at Wembley

Name the players who he improved during his tenure at City.

Why? Are you seriously trying to suggest he wasn’t a good manager that deserves our thanks and respect?

If so, with respect, that’s ridiculous.

If the many posts I’ve seen on here over the years are to be believed then I would answer:

Silva, kompany, Yaya, Aguero, Hart and who knows who else.

Apparently everyone of those was determined to leave the club in the summer of 2013 and Manuel turned up and didn’t just keep them but turned them into double winners in his first season.
I have no reason to doubt the posters who have claimed this as several are well respected members of this forum, one of them is a mod who only ever seems to post sensible posts in whichever thread he posts in.

Is he as good as Pep? No I don’t think so.

Did he do a fantastic job at city that deserves nothing but thanks and respect from any sensible city fan?

Yes he did.

Any city fan who thinks otherwise is either trying to be controversial to get a response or is an ungrateful bastard.

I suppose they could be both but they can’t be neither.

His record at Malaga and Madrid, coupled with his time at City shown here has the ability to manage smaller or bigger clubs well.

Think Everton would be an interesting job for him. I'd be interested to see how does.

He showed at Villareal he can build a top side, he showed at Malaga he can do crisis management.
He managed egos at City and Madrid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.