Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be abit unfair to leave him hanging now really, hope we come to an arrangement.

Transfer request forgoes his loyalty bonus as well I believe from Brighton.

If they stick to £50m what ambitious player would ever sign a contract there again without a reasonable release clause.

Good news if true. Brighton’s evaluation is not fair. City have offered a substantial fee and Brighton will at least double their original investment. Something was always going to have to break to make this deal happen and I am glad it’s the player. You can’t price a player out of a move to a bigger club.

Chelsea and Arsenal both offered reasonable fees for 3 of our better players. No messing about but these small clubs seem to have a chip on their shoulder.

You have to be realistic. Cucu came from a small club in Spain and moved laterally to Brighton. He has played well and now opportunity knocks.

It’s a hard 1 to take for their fans but the reality is that you don’t win trophies nor compete in the champions league and probably never will unless bloom invests huge amounts into the club. So accept your place in the pecking order and let the player go for a ‘fair’ fee.

What realistic difference does a transfer request make and how much do we reckon he'd be giving up in bonuses?

Hope someone has more precise answers to your questions, but I reckon that by handing in a transfer request Cucu is giving up at least 2-3m in bonuses, maybe even 5m! So, 45m (incl. easy to achieve add-ons) might do the trick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.