Marco Pierre White - new Manchester restaurant

Leeds fan, mate.

Do recall him saying it to City TV when he got a catering gig or something the other year?

Said he now had a soft spot for City.

No longer the culinary genius he was, had to take a step back or he would have killed himself or someone else.

I think he's been giving my wife cooking lessons.

Met him in person on the Captain's Night of a P&O cruise (Ventura) and had eaten in his signature restaurant on ship... Clearly the food was not cooked by him but the menu was devised by him and he put his name therefore to every dish (for a healthy percentage of takings no doubt)

Overall thoughts... a special dining experience with great food.... we went back a couple of times

Went to a Q&A with him also in the ship's theatre on a sea day and he came across as a really smart, charming guy

City fan MPW is opening Mr White's English Chophouse on Canal St.

I remember going to a game when he'd just lent his name to a catering makeover at the stadium. Thought we'd try it and waiting in the queue said to my son "That guy serving looks just like Marco Pierre White". Turned out it was him and he served us our burgers.

Gone up in the world since then.

I passed the BM cafe when he was cooking those burgers - clouds of blue smoke!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.