Mark Hughes Could Not.......

We've played alot more games than Hamburg this year probably..

We ended up with 10 men. We had to make more of an effort as we needed 1 goal all Hamburg had to do was defend? Thats why maybe..

chickenfat said:
We ended up with then thanks to our phatetic manager

Fuck off
We ended up with 10 men because of Dunne. Players regularly pick up early yellow cards and can go a whole 90 mins without getting sent off.

BlueMoonWalker said:
chickenfat said:

Fuck off
We ended up with 10 men because of Dunne. Players regularly pick up early yellow cards and can go a whole 90 mins without getting sent off.
Fuck off the referee warned Dunne two times in the first half, every decent manager would have changed Dunne for another CB.

I think you are being slightly harsh, Mammutly.

If every perofrmance this season were of a similar standard then, personally, I would have little problem with Hughes.

I take your points regarding certain tactical aspects, it is glaring that this is not his strength - at all - but he could argue that this tactic was identified as the best way to beat Hamburg (he'd probably be let down by the fact that we haven't shown any other options throughout the season, but still).

Hughes tonight would escape my wrath.

I am seething about the constant burying of Sturridge's City career and share your concerns regarding tactics, but there are far more glaring opportunities to point out Hughes' failings this season and he has the get out cluase tonight that he identified these tactics of 'pure manic effort' as the best option (even if you don't believe him).

My problem is that this sort of performance is very much the exception, rather than the rule. If he showed the ability to motivate the players to play like that and put that effort in when there isn't a European quarter final at stake, I might actually be inclined to defend him.

BlueMoonWalker said:
chickenfat said:

Fuck off

Richard Dunne was left exposed far too often with nobody covering. He therefore had no option but to keep making the tackle. Any defender would struggle in that situation.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I think you are being slightly harsh, Mammutly.

If every perofrmance this season were of a similar standard then, personally, I would have little problem with Hughes.

I take your points regarding certain tactical aspects, it is glaring that this is not his strength - at all - but he could argue that this tactic was identified as the best way to beat Hamburg (he'd probably be let down by the fact that we haven't shown any other options throughout the season, but still).

Hughes tonight would escape my wrath.

I am seething about the constant burying of Sturridge's City career and share your concerns regarding tactics, but there are far more glaring opportunities to point out Hughes' failings this season and he has the get out cluase tonight that he identified these tactics of 'pure manic effort' as the best option (even if you don't believe him).

My problem is that this sort of performance is very much the exception, rather than the rule. If he showed the ability to motivate the players to play like that and put that effort in when there isn't a European quarter final at stake, I might actually be inclined to defend him.

Fair comment. However, I do think that 'pure manic effort' is much less a tactic than the predictable kick of a one trick pony.

Of course playing at maximum intensity will cause the opposition problems. We've seen enough 'less skillful' sides do that to us this season. But ultimately, it's a cover up that hides a basic lack of quality. In our case that 'lack' is not to be found in the playing staff.

P10GIOK said:
Thats Micah Richards fault not Mark Hughes fault.

If it was an isolated 90 minutes then i'd agree with you but as its been happening week in week out al season then I'd say its high time the fucking manager got to grips with Richards and either sorted him out or dropped him.

Why can't we keep the ball who's faults that hughes or the players?

Who told the players to keep banging high balls into big Phil when the cover was eighteen inches taller?, play it in on the floor and he could hold the ball all night, I and most other supporters could see that in the first ten mins, did Hughes?.............if he did he did nothing about it, if he didn`t then why are we employing the clown.

"Richard Dunne was left exposed far too often with nobody covering. He therefore had no option but to keep making the tackle. Any defender would struggle in that situation."

Bang on mate, and this has been going on for a while, its not down to Micha who playes as he is told, there never seems to be a DM dropping back to cover the right side, leaving Dunnie exposed is right at the feet of clueless Hughes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.