Mark & Lard

Knew FA about it until you mentioned it. Was it any good?
It was decent. Katie Puckrik was the host, they went through memory lane with audio clips interspersed.

It came about when they met up and someone posted a picture of them having a pint, got 1.5m likes so decided to do this. Lard mentioned he was trying to get The Shirehorses back out on tour, not sure if Mark was up for this but might do as someone said they are going out on tour here.

It was only a tenner to utube it. They did two 55 minutes chat with 15 minute interval, so got through quite a bit. Mark mentioned no way would that stuff be allowed on radio now, he's dead right. Lucky for us back then it was, like someone else said it kept me sain, some good laughs then and I was laughing along to it last night..

They played The Shirehorses 30 minutes before it started, I must dig them out from my cd collection and play again, i was pissing myself before it started.

Said they never had to run anything past anyone, just did it the day before and aired it, said that surprised them with the content they were putting out.

The controller wanted them gone, it was down to Andy Parfitt, they got booted off. But said after 8 years they were tired of the work rate in putting it together so happy to go.

And the final Stop....... dead air was an accident, should have kicked into another location but someone fucked it up, that was nice touch.

Anyway if they do tour as The Shirehorses, I'll be going down for the good memories.

Last edited:
I made a mess of my A-levels, partly due to the fact that I always listened intently to Mark and Lard from 8-10pm Mondays to Thursdays when I was meant to be doing my homework and revision. They had a massive impact on my musical tastes, getting me into stuff like Bowie, Joy Division, The Smiths, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Mansun, Velvet Underground / Lou Reed, Iggy Pop / The Stooges and loads more.

There was even a time when their show was immediately preceded by Chris Morris' show on Wednesday nights.
Did you critique their jokes as well?:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.