Mark Lillis Interview

I see Mark Lillis around quite a bit and have been for coffee with him. He’s still a big blue and a top bloke. He’s struggling to get back into football after losing his job at Huddersfield.

Mark Lillis was in charge of Huddersfield's academy whilst my nephew was on their books, and he always said what a nice guy he is. Wasn't the best player from what I can recall, but always gave his all.

Mark Lillis was in charge of Huddersfield's academy whilst my nephew was on their books, and he always said what a nice guy he is. Wasn't the best player from what I can recall, but always gave his all.

As an old school coach I get the impression he's been left behind a bit by modern football. Last time I saw him he was trying everything to get back into the game but getting knocked back towards the end of the process for each job. He's a lovely bloke, and City through and through. I remember that when we were teenagers we used to copy his goal celebration: he used to turn to the Kippax after a goal and raise each arm in the air in turn with his fists clenched in a rhythmic motion. We would do that to each other whenever anything good happened. It's easier to do than to describe!

I see Mark Lillis around quite a bit and have been for coffee with him. He’s still a big blue and a top bloke. He’s struggling to get back into football after losing his job at Huddersfield.

Sad to hear that DD. I know Richard Edghill has gone down the route of setting up coaching schools, with a little help from MCFC, I wonder if he would be happy doing something like that. Certainly Richard does, they were the group that just missed the gravy train in terms of wages.

Sad to hear that DD. I know Richard Edghill has gone down the route of setting up coaching schools, with a little help from MCFC, I wonder if he would be happy doing something like that. Certainly Richard does, they were the group that just missed the gravy train in terms of wages.

Yeah, really good point. Players of their level, probably bottom of premier league or championship level these days if we are honest,will see their equivalents earning say £1m a year when they got little more then a decent salary and a testimonial if they were lucky. It must hurt.

Mark is in India at the moment with John Gregory coaching Chenni FC in the Indian PL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.