Martin Demichelis retires from football.

Loved that man's offside trap, watching what was essentially a middle aged bloke who could barely run outsmarting Premier League strikers over and over again.

Of course the problem was if he made the slightest mistake, he never had the pace to recover and playing in a pretty exposed defence he was constantly having to take risks with his decision making, sometimes got it wrong.

I always thought that the problem lay not with MDM but with the Waving Wanker not waving his flag at the appropriate time.

Ever since his departure, and when Otters has gone up into the opposition area for a header from a set piece, and missed, I always said "MDM woulda got that!' He was someone who could read a game as well as anyone. Just a pity his legs couldn't get there as quick as his brain. Great lad!

MDM was well underrated. ok he was gone at the end of his city career but after a poor start as someone has previously mentioned from that Hull away game onwards for the next 18 months was just as good as Kompany was in that time. he also had a fantastic world cup campaign the following year too. we've bought 3 x 30m+ centre halfs since he left and as of yet not one of them has played better than he did imo.

I have to say he was shocking when he first joined us and was culpable for some major cock ups Barca and Wigan spring to mind. However the hull game was where it really turned around for him. Down to ten men he took the defensive unit by the scruff of the neck and really stepped up from there. Well worthy of his title winning medal in my opinion.

I was fuming at him for the Barca sending off but it was actually Kompany's error that sold Martin down the river. And the referee got it wrong as the foul was outside the area. Still daft mind but he had a split second decision to make.

Good player, couldn't stand seeing him on the team sheet last season though.

Martin+Demichelis+Wife+Evangelina+Anderson+2012_8.jpg

Cheers MArtin

Happy couple......no TITtering please !!

Demichelis has had very good careeer and despite his shaky start at City he did show why he was brought to the club. Good luck in what you decide to do in your retirement Demich.

Last edited:
Mod note.

Guys can we please be very careful with the images we post up.

We have female members as well as members under the age of 18 and we have many who access the site through work computers in the week and i've just deleted a post that contained an image that is certainly NSFW.

Cheers.
You no the rules

I was fuming at him for the Barca sending off but it was actually Kompany's error that sold Martin down the river. And the referee got it wrong as the foul was outside the area. Still daft mind but he had a split second decision to make.

Good player, couldn't stand seeing him on the team sheet last season though.

At last someone has pointed out the fact he was sold down the river but he was that slow he almost caught Messi up???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.